Probiotics and breastfeeding?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-27-2007, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know if it is safe to take probiotics while breastfeeding? Also does anyone else take probiotics and if so what do you think? I just started them 2 days ago. I am now feeling a little concerned for my 1 year old. I would not want to take anything that she would get thru breastmilk that could be harmful to her or give her a tummy ache. She is acting weird today and now i am all worried. She got her first cold a week ago and still seems to be fighting it a bit, so maybe it is just that. Please moms if you know if probiotics are okay to take then ease my mind. If they are not let me know so I can stop. Thanks in advance.
#2 of 4 Old 09-27-2007, 03:31 PM

My doctor recommended I take probiotics while breastfeeding. DD's just over 3 months old and I've been taking them since she was about 4 weeks. From what I know it's good for you and her as well.
#3 of 4 Old 09-27-2007, 03:40 PM

what are you taking? i've been having reoccuring yeast problems and want to start something. i was thinking of rainbow light's candida cleanse..it has a little of everything..
#4 of 4 Old 09-27-2007, 03:49 PM

It's perfectly safe not only for you to take them, but you can actually give them directly to children starting from when they are newborns. They're just bacteria that live on us anyway and babies get their bacterial flora from their |Mama's . It's just giving nature a little jump start or boost

Mama to Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page