Fibromyalgia Moms? - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 667 Old 05-29-2011, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supakitty View Post

Here's a question, does anyone here have fibromyalgia and not have anxiety and/or depression? Mine seems to arise from the feeling of being sick and having no idea about what to do for it and if it will ever go away.

-Laura

I think I would if I weren't on meds - especially the Effexor. I hear bad things about it, but for now it helps.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#662 of 667 Old 08-16-2011, 05:27 PM

Ah what a thread to read.  So much information.  Thank you all.  I have been in severe pain for days and have Ulcerative Colitus in addition to Fibro.  All this information is making the light bul;b glow.  Time to visit the GI

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#663 of 667 Old 09-03-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:wow. i felt better when i started back to smoking... i never understood why
Originally Posted by bigeyes View Post

I just read in my adrenal fatigue group that cigarettes increase your cortisol production, and one of the things we do to fight adrenal fatigue is take cortisol or cortisonem because it helps our thyroid meds work better. So apparently it's 'normal' for us to crash when we quit smoking.

No wonder I always felt better as a smoker, despite all the you'd feel so much better if you'd just quit comments. : I always thought that was strange.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#664 of 667 Old 02-28-2012, 02:09 PM

Our children suffer the most! They can not see the pain or fatigue. It is not something that shows up on an X-ray or MRI. My life has shut down. My 3 yr old does not know what it is like to have a healthy mom. I have 3 other children who have watched the crumbling of my former self. There is not a medication or narcotic or procedure they have not tried on me. I also have Tietze syndrome and a list of other things. The medications alone are destroying my liver. At first I was in denial. Then there came a day where my body trumped my mind. Anyone who does not have this or have a loved one who suffers from it will ever understand what it is like or be desperate for a remedy.It is so hard for my husband to sit and watch his wife in tears from pain everyday. I have just been started on Lidocaine infusions. It is what they give cancer patients before they die. I am out of options and heard that the only thing that will help me is medical marijuana. If I could find it I would take it. Having a few good years left with my family is worth any price!

#665 of 667 Old 02-28-2012, 02:18 PM

Amen and I do not think it could be explained or described any better than you have done here!

#666 of 667 Old 02-28-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblackstone444 View Post

My Mother has it. She's had it since I was 12 or 13. My brother is showing some mild symptoms. Is it hereditary?

It is hereditary. My symptoms actually kicked in before my mothers. I am 33 and my life has been stripped from me.

#667 of 667 Old 02-28-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisteal View Post
Yeah I was diagnosed with my anxiety and agoraphibia before my fibro really started flaring up. So I think just everything is playing off of everything else making it worse. I told dh I wanted to get a firesafe to put Calypso's very very important things in just in case
you should. I think it would help ease your mind about it.

I think finding solutions to these things helps give us back a sense of control. For me that's one of the worst things about this, losing control of my life, and not being able to just do everything like I always did before.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supakitty View Post
Re: Friends.

That's an interesting thing. The ones who were there at first wonder why you haven't been able to shake it off and have grown bored with me not being able to do the things I used to do. The needy ones who take and don't give were the first to go (thank god!) and some who I wouldn't have expected have distanced themselves. I can't believe how judgmental some people have been "Oh THAT again" type of attitude, like my illness is a big inconvenience to them. Others however have emerged as people who are strong, loving and understanding and just want to be your friend because they like your company and enjoy the time you can spend.
God, how true is that? The users were definitely the first to go, because I just don't have the energy to deal with them any more. And isn't it interesting how the same people who lean on you the most are the ones who accuse you of being whiny and unable to snap out of it? Is it irony, or what exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supakitty View Post
I think people at work have been the worst and most judgemental, of course they are all in the medical system!
Is there any way that I can offer my opinion of the medical community without violating the UA? Nope.

Suffice it to say that the more I learn about the FDA, pharmaceutical reps and drug companies, and the way medical schools and doctors get their funding, the more convinced I am the FDA is a bought and paid for whore, and the medical community is only interested in keeping us sick and taking our money. If it's at all possible, I want that statement on my tombstone, btw. The FDA is a bought and paid for whore. I'm sure it isn't grammatically correct, but it just doesn't have the same impact when you re-phrase it.

Yeesh. Is it any wonder I'm bitchy?

Anyone who doesnt agree with you is simply in denial. I get script after script and here take this for the side effects of that and take these for the side effects of  the medicine you take for side effects and the domino effect continues.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page