The Pinworm Thread - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 258 Old 08-29-2009, 02:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.Rishavy View Post
And I found that out after I developed a sever reaction to the med!!!
interesting....Dr. Hale says it's a class C and so does the book at my GP's office. He recommended it over Vermox because the med is only minimally absorbed by the host.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#152 of 258 Old 08-30-2009, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
one of my boys has been waking up several times a night lately, and he has been much more whiny, easily goes to melt-down mode. At night he is squirmy and whiny like he is not fully awake, and won't calm down and go back to sleep when I am lying next to him.
He was also itching "back there" and I have been hyper-sensitive to observe this, I ask if its itching, I check, but I have never seen anything!
Any of the medications they say to make sure you have confirmation first...
I have checked before bed, checked when he says its itchy, checked randomly... I haven't gone in the middle of the night with a flashlight... but this is driving me crazy to know if I am dealing with pin worms or not! I'd rather not go through the clothing and bed sheet washing like a mad person if its not.
Anyone seem to have a mild case where you never really see them and they only seem to be bothersome once in a while?
thanks for any thoughts.

mom of twins.gif boys born 9/13/05 and dog2.gifdog2.gif

#153 of 258 Old 09-02-2009, 12:16 AM

Does anyone know if DE is safe during pregnancy? I'm 25 weeks pregnant withmy third and found out a couple weeks ago, that myself, my 3 year old, and probably my 2 year old all have it. My 2 year old JUST started complaining, so I bet she does. Is DE safe for me to take? What kinda of dosages for each person and where can I buy it?? I've done some research, but can't find much as far as dosing and safety during pregnancy....
Thanks!
#154 of 258 Old 10-29-2009, 04:40 AM

hi, It almost seems like my imagination, but my almost 4yr old dd seems to get pinworms almost every few months, we are not usually medication takers, so I know all the natural treatments,and they seem to take a long time and then, I think she's all good a few months pass and she has them again....also it just seems she has sickness after sickness, pinworms, cold, pinkeye, planter wart...etc. is this normal for a young alternative, non-vaccinated, vegetarian, healthy eater?!? help please Im a single mom with not much family around and I just feel I am failing her in the health area....we eat good,, sugars and wheat are very very rare in our diet, she eats lots of greens, citrus, nuts, water, and all the good stuff..takes a multi vitamin. clothes are always cleaned, keep the house clean, don't use chemicals, she gets lots of fresh air!!I just don't get it, is this normal?!please help! I feel like going the doctors way and gettin the 2step meds to get rid of these nasty worms..but could there be a underlying problem?!? do u think a raw diet would be a good idea for a 4yr old, to cleanse?! is there more I could be doing for her health?! sorry so long, I just need some help!!thanks!!
#155 of 258 Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM

dust.gif
#156 of 258 Old 11-02-2009, 05:51 PM

dust.gif
#157 of 258 Old 11-02-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic~mama View Post
DD just saw worms in her BM a few days ago...trying to figure out what to do. We have a dog and a cat...I guess we all need to be treated?

I called a Pediatrician who said that "it just doesn't happen in this country" people just don't get worms unless they traveled out of the country ---- What!?

she doesn't seem to know what she is talking about.

I had them as a kid, the DR gave me one pill and said I would never have them again...

DP is very concerned and doesn't even want DD in our bed, he acts like she is diseased or something. Says she is dropping eggs everywhere. I am not as freaked out about it I guess....
Tell DP it's too late, she's already breathed in the eggs since they are the size of dust particals and easily become airborne.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#158 of 258 Old 11-02-2009, 08:25 PM

dust.gif
#159 of 258 Old 11-02-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I'm confused on what you mean...

what's it too late for?

DP is concerned about contaminating our bed with them I guess....
He can get them simply from breathing since they can be airborne.

DS 5-11-06
#160 of 258 Old 11-03-2009, 12:40 AM

we have had them twice in 5 years. Homeopath gave us a 2 step prescription for the whole family, had us sanitize all bedding pjs and undies in hot water and used vinegar on the toys and bathroom surfaces. They were gone after that with no problem. I say get the prescription, and I usually never say that; they are just annoying little buggers.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain
#161 of 258 Old 11-03-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
DD just saw worms in her BM a few days ago...trying to figure out what to do. We have a dog and a cat...I guess we all need to be treated?

I called a Pediatrician who said that "it just doesn't happen in this country" people just don't get worms unless they traveled out of the country ---- What!?

I had them as a kid, the DR gave me one pill and said I would never have them again...

DP is very concerned and doesn't even want DD in our bed, he acts like she is diseased or something. Says she is dropping eggs everywhere. I am not as freaked out about it I guess....
Just wanted to let you know that Dogs and Cats don't get pinworms...horses do but not dogs and cats.

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
#162 of 258 Old 11-03-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:

Seeing worms...what did they look like? Little white threads or rice pieces or ? You need to know what type of worm you have. You don't usually see pinworms in poop. You can see roundworms though. My son had hookworm and we live in an area of the country where that supposedly doesn't happen. My child always wears shoes too. So no way do worm infections not happen in this country. I'd switch peds? Pets can't carry pinworms. They can carry roundworms (and hookworm, etc.) though. You need to know what you're dealing with as the other types of worms are more serious. You will treat the entire family for worms (exception: pregnancy, meds contraindicated). So until she's treated it doesn't matter much. You probably all have them. But I freaked out too about my kid jumping in my bed. Wash all the bedclothes on hot and dry on hot the day of treatment each time.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

#163 of 258 Old 11-03-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
I'm confused on what you mean...

what's it too late for?

DP is concerned about contaminating our bed with them I guess....
It's too late because you and dp have both likely allready breathed in eggs and been infected....which means you've infected your bed yourselves.

#164 of 258 Old 11-03-2009, 01:00 PM

dust.gif
#165 of 258 Old 11-13-2009, 04:59 PM

thx

dust.gif
#166 of 258 Old 11-13-2009, 07:15 PM

Yes report it to the school....it could have come from anywhere....even the playground. It knows no social bounds.

#167 of 258 Old 11-13-2009, 10:56 PM

dust.gif
#168 of 258 Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 PM

List of peer-reviewed, Journal-published science regarding helminthic therapy and related topics:

asthma
allergies
anaphylaxis
psychiatric disorders
inflammation
ASD
autism
cardiovascular disease
IBD
Chron's
liver disease
MS
diabetes

http://www.helminthictherapy.com/Science.html

Pat

I have a blog.
#169 of 258 Old 01-04-2010, 01:42 PM

We just discovered that my ds2 has pinworms after several nights of waking up screaming and writhing about his bum. We have to head out to the health food store today!!

What is the BEST thing to add to his bum at night to help kill the boogers and/or stop his pain/itching?

Do they sell the diametic earth at health food stores?

Thanks!!!!!!!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#170 of 258 Old 02-05-2010, 05:12 AM

So my dh has had some severe anus itching for a while now. I mentioned pinworms and he went to the doc. "He got the you don't get worms in the usa" reply and was prescribed some anti-fungal meds.

It is still occurring. And I have occasional rectal itching as well (any time of day). We have four boys and the older two haven't complained about anything. I haven't seen any signs with the babies.

Dh has had this itching on and off for as long as I can remember. I'm thinking that we would have seen some actual worms by now if that was the case. And we would all have it.

Can you have pinworms for a long period of time and not know it? I remember having them as a little girl and it was horrible. I think I would know.

I have also discovered that candida causes rectal itching. Candida fits the other symptoms we both have. So I'm leaning towards this.
#171 of 258 Old 02-19-2010, 11:42 PM

Well I'm 100% sure I have pinworms(saw one in BM)...but not sure about DC. Keep checking their BM's, but am going to have to try the flash light check. I'm leaning towards DE as a treatment as I am nursing and I traditionally steer clear of any meds.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO KILL THE EGGS??? I'm going nuts cleaning here!!

Also can I do the tape test and look under a microscope myself?

Feeling terrible. I've never had experience with them and didn't know any of the symptoms. I'm so glad I can chat with you ladies on here though, as light chatter with friends & family about pinworms is not a comfortable thought. Thankfully I CAN speak freely with DH and my sister.

I'm thinking I've had them for a while and am just now putting the puzzle pieces together. Its really wreaking havoc on my emotional state. I feel so blech! I've been having terrible scalp problems. Tried all dandruff remedies, nothing worked and scalp is more like a rash/eczema and my hair is falling out. Plus when I get sick...I don't get better for weeks! Not sure if this is all related but it seems that if my body isn't getting all it needs from my mostly healthy diet(and the worms are) then it must be affecting my body.

I'm trying all the homeopathic, cleaning, crazy handwashing stuff and hoping to order DE tonight. Please send any advice!

Also, what is the best DE? I'm reading conflicting stuff. Perma guard or FPP?? Is the animal food-grade Perma-guard NOT for humans?
#172 of 258 Old 04-03-2010, 12:25 PM

deleted
#173 of 258 Old 04-03-2010, 09:44 PM

Homeopathic cina helped us quite a bit. I don't know anything about its safety in pregnancy. Five times a day (30c) seemed to keep them under control but then I would forget a dose so we also used pin-x.

Also tried diatomaceous earth, I don't think it was as effective as cina but did help some, I was using 3-4 Tbsp.

Zinc supplements are supposed to help as well.
#174 of 258 Old 04-25-2010, 01:53 PM

WOW what a long interesting read so much controversy over pinworms who would have thunk it! LMAO I started reading this last night and finally made it to this last page. Anyways I just finally found a pinworm in my 3 yr. old's vagina!! It appeared as a piece of tissue but she has been complaining for nearly 2 months now and I have taken her to the dr's, urine cultures done dr said her urine was beautiful, but she is a little red maybe a little yeast which back then I thought maybe just yeast and that she had a tummy bug for the stomache aches she had been complaining of and now finding a worm when most people would be YUCK!! Which I was thinking yuck also but Very RELIEVED and now overwhelmed as you can see my post on here as I found the worm at midnight and was up searching the web and making post on here til 3 am or so but I am finally relieved to know what is causing her to be so irritable, hungry, night awakening, complaing of stomach aches, dry cough, recent bout of cronic nose picking!!! Who would have known these were all signs of PINWORMS!! I think we are going to go the route using the food grade diatamaceous earth. The pumpkin seeds spoken of on here earlier by another poster I wanted to mention I read this remedy also but read to take on empty stomache and follow with a laxative such as Psyllium seeds or flaxseed oil very important to rid of the worms. Kids should eat 10-15 seeds every morning on empty stomache and adults 20-30 seeds then follow 1 hr. with the laxitive. Other foods pinworms don't like is raw carrots, raw garlic, pomegranates, pineapples, apple cider vinegar. I read to change undies morning and just before bedtime and to shower upon awakening. Take Vitamin C and Zinc to support Immune system and drink lots of water. For the itching and hopefully not allow any egg laying!!! ERGGG I would apply Zinc Oxide around bum. Limit carbs and sugars. Another poster said Gaia herbs parasite blend veg. capsules worked like a dream anyone else rid of pinworms with this? To help not reinfect use Nature's Answer tincture of Blackwalnut and Wormwood I read somewhere not sure where it was weee hours this morning but other mom's have asked what to use because Lysol doesn't work so I thought I would throw that in. Any other info is greatly appreciated as we are just starting this crazy journey it sounds like it could be from all the posts on this thread so.... wish us luck in ridding of these darn parasites because they are of no purpose in any of my family members! This is only my opinion.
#175 of 258 Old 04-26-2010, 01:31 AM

Just saw this thread again and wanted to report that I am taking Oil of Oregano for sinus issues and saw when researching it that it is recommended for pinworms also.

I don't believe it is good for small children, though, unfortunately. ETA maybe it could be used topically for children? May be worth researching.

My most-often-affected-by-pinworms child simply *craves* pineapple. I've been buying a LOT, both fresh and canned -- I am wondering if he is fighting an infestation. I'm watching for signs and just letting him eat as much as he wants.
#176 of 258 Old 04-26-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.Rishavy View Post
1Tbs of Diatomaceous Earth in 6oz water nightly
I found that the DE was much more effective when I took 2-4 tbsp daily (adult dose). I also split the dose and took it morning and night.

I hope you find the solution you are looking for! That is all crazy!
#177 of 258 Old 04-26-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Just saw this thread again and wanted to report that I am taking Oil of Oregano for sinus issues and saw when researching it that it is recommended for pinworms also.

I don't believe it is good for small children, though, unfortunately. ETA maybe it could be used topically for children? May be worth researching.

My most-often-affected-by-pinworms child simply *craves* pineapple. I've been buying a LOT, both fresh and canned -- I am wondering if he is fighting an infestation. I'm watching for signs and just letting him eat as much as he wants.

I use oregano oil for everything!!! Including strep throat!! Off now to see if it will cure pinworms. My kids are ages 3,7, 11, and 17. It is good for you I was always told.
#178 of 258 Old 04-26-2010, 12:55 PM

We have been using Oregano Oil by Thompson and I just contacted the company and they do not test the carvacol in this product so don't know that but must be enough in there for common colds, sore throats, sinuses, etc. because my kid's all get well and haven't been on anitbiotics in years can't remember when was the last time. Thompson does sell one that has 70% carvacol and it is made by Thompson but says Solaray and the code on the product the bar code can be used to identify it the numbers are 41349 that is the last 5 digits of the barcode .
Anyone know the dosing info for ridding of pinworms using oregano oil? Will be searching for more info on that. Also needing to know of a cleaner I should be using other than like another post the mention of bleach ---I really don't want to resort to using bleach but do want to rid of any eggs any advice?
#179 of 258 Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM

Okay I can stop panicking simple water and papertowel according to this site will rid of the eggs! Don't know why I was so consumed in KILLING them! lol http://www.wormtreatment.com/dyn/283...readworms.html

Now in finding the right doseage that will work with the Oregano Oil and knowing it is a safe amount boy this can be a struggle as there is no Oregeno oil product out there I know of exclusive to kids. ergggg Oh well all else fails I will just give it 3 or 4 times per day and use the Thompson's we have been successfully on everything else!
#180 of 258 Old 04-30-2010, 05:25 PM

Reporting in we got a treatment plan from our ND. He told us to give our 3 yr. old Clarkia-100. 7 drops before each meal 3 times a day and to do this 14 days on and 7 days off for 3 months and to get rid of any inside pets ;0( Wash hands after petting the animals and no licking in the face allowed! Anyone use this product for ridding of these pesky parasites and have sucess with it?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page