Tea tree oil for wart removal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-20-2007, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there a way to cure plantar warts using tea tree oil? How often is it applied?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2007, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I would think so. I have read about it before. I used ACV. I pulled some cotton off of a Q-tip, put some ACV on it to soak, put it on the wart, and covered in a band aid. I left it overnight and whenever I would be lounging around (hard to keep bandaids on my feet!). I would file it down with a pumice stone every couple of days, and it was gone in 1-2 weeks. I would assume just do the same thing with TTO.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 10-20-2007, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

what is ACV?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:40 PM

Apple Cider Vinegar.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:57 AM

WOW intresting
Old 10-21-2007, 07:24 AM

TTO may help but IME you want to get some Thuja tincture (tincture not homeopathic stuff) and apply to the area.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone. I am getting so many different opinions. The consensus online (general online community) seems to be something acidic, to burn away the wart, or to simply keep it covered with duct tape for a week, to deprive it of oxygen and starve it away. The duct tape method has actually been shown in repeat tests to work better than freezing itoff. I guess I just need to pick one method and try, right?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:27 PM

I would try Australian lemon myrtle. My ds has had molluscum ( a type wart) all over his trunk for 6 months. TTO helped slightly for a while then stopped. ACV worked on individual ones ready to pop. Both of them irritated his skin. But the lemon myrtle mixed with olive oil in a 1:3 ratio cleared all of the warts up in a week. This was soothing for the surrounding skin too and made him smell delicious. lemonmyrtleessentials.com It was a godsend for us. I have no idea if it works for plantar warts but it doesn't hurt at all. Worth a try! Let me know if it works!
Old 10-21-2007, 02:42 PM

I used a combination of duct tape during the day and liquid bandage at night. The liquid bandage is hardly natural, but I had it handy and thought I'd try it. I did get rid of the wart within two weeks. It came back and I think it took me just one more round to rid myself of it.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw826 View Post
I would think so. I have read about it before. I used ACV. I pulled some cotton off of a Q-tip, put some ACV on it to soak, put it on the wart, and covered in a band aid. I left it overnight and whenever I would be lounging around (hard to keep bandaids on my feet!). I would file it down with a pumice stone every couple of days, and it was gone in 1-2 weeks. I would assume just do the same thing with TTO.
my mom would put lemon juice on a cotton ball and cover with saran wrap at night when we were kids. dd would not let me do this so i squirted my milk on her ward and it fell of in a week!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarp77 View Post
Thanks, everyone. I am getting so many different opinions. The consensus online (general online community) seems to be something acidic, to burn away the wart, or to simply keep it covered with duct tape for a week, to deprive it of oxygen and starve it away. The duct tape method has actually been shown in repeat tests to work better than freezing itoff. I guess I just need to pick one method and try, right?
:
Do the duct tape. It works better than freezing, believe I know!

:CLC,Doula :Mama to 2
Old 10-22-2007, 02:32 AM

I tried duct tape for literally MONTHS. It starts to work, but they always came back for me, not to mention that tape just will NOT stick well to plantar warts. It was a constant battle.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:48 AM

I got rid of numerous (like 20) warts (as I recall, my plantar's wart on my foot went away too) about twenty years ago with tea tree oil. I painted it on with a paintbrush 3x a day. took about 5 weeks. The herbalist I was seeing also had me cut out dairy and meat and eat lots of rice and veggies. She was convinced it was all part of a yeast imbalance. I was so tired of having them I was willing to do anything!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:45 PM

I hate warts! I had a cluster of warts on my right index finger that spread to my middle finger. They started about 3 years ago, and finally last year they just went away. I tried EVERYTHING. Went to the doctors twice to freeze them too, but that really did not work at all. Tried the over the counter kits. They worked but were painful, and they came back right away.

I tried duct tape and that would work too, but they would come back. It also HURT me a lot, so much so I would wake up in the middle of the night with my fingers just throbbing.

I think my warts were unusual or I just have a very low pain tolerance!

I tried one of those herbal remedies as well (can't remember what exactly, but I mailed out for it). I don't think I was patient enough. I just got to the point where I wanted them gone, and gone right away!!

So I don't know if what I used last was what did it or if they had run their course, but I used Apple Cider Vinegar. I soaked them in it for like 10 minutes one day. Then I covered them with bandaids that had some of the ACV on it. Once the original one began to shrink, so did the rest of them. Within a week or so it was like they had never even been there, and after 2 full years! I was completely amazed and SO happy!!

I'm sorry you have a wart:

Oh, recently my dh had a weird looking rash on his arms and come to find out they were some different kind of wart, according to the doctor. They spread to his fingers (those looked like the kind of wart I had). I felt so badly! I thought for sure they would take a while to go away, but he used the ACV and within a short period of time, they were gone!! So maybe it really was the ACV afterall.

User Tag List