Evening headaches? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about what's going on here. A little background: I'm generally healthy, though I get very occassional migraines. I had a m/c in Sept. and hemmorrhaged REALLY badly. I was severly anemic for a long time, though now my blood tests are all finally normal. For a few weeks after the m/c I had an awful headache that my mw said was due to the anemia. It was better if I laid still, but got much worse with activity.

So now, for the last week or 2, I've had a similar headache every evening, from about 4pm until I go to bed. I've also had very brief periods of dizziness, more like the floor is moving under my feet. It hasn't happened more often than once a day, and not everyday. I've tried having more caffeine, less caffeine, drinking more water, getting more sleep, more exercise... Nothing has helped. Since the m/c I've been on iron and Vit. C supplements. Since my labs finally came back normal I've added back my calcium + D. I've always taken a multi, and I've recently added a B complex and fish oil. Could any of these supplements be causing this?

Any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
#2 of 3 Old 11-18-2007, 02:20 PM

Not a clue, but a bump in hopes of finding someone who can offer insight.

CPST ***I can help keep your child safe in the car. Ask me a car seat question!***
#3 of 3 Old 11-18-2007, 06:51 PM

Look into blood sugar problems. For a few days, don't eat any sugar at lunch (fruit, yogurt, milk all included) and eat a snack at 4ish. I had a similar problem with dizzyness right at about 3-4pm every day and that was the issue. Are you getting unusually sweaty? That's another symptom. Easy to check and worth a shot.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page