Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BC, Canada
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I take my 16mo old baby to a playgroup in a family centre. They use a bleach/water solution to wipe off the tables before and after serving snacks.
The smell is quite strong so I wipe off my baby's area with water again before she sat down. But is it bad to inhale that smell for my little one?
|Chlorine is a respiratory irritant that attacks mucous membranes and burns the skin.
As little as 3.5 ppm can be detected as an odour, and 1000 ppm is likely to be fatal after a few deep breaths.
Exposure to chlorine has been limited to 0.5 ppm (8-hour time-weighted average - 40 hour week) by OSHA in the US.
The regulation is that all day care/schools use bleach solution to sanitize eating and changing area. So don't you guys send your kids to day care or playgroups, preschools that use these solutions?
It's best to keep your kids only in your home which is the only safe place to be? I don't know what to do. I like going to playgroups.n
|44 members and 19,591 guests|
|anisaer , Arduinna , Bigtimecasey , BirthFree , Bow , Deborah , Dina1 , Dovenoir , easydoesit , emusing , floss&ferd , girlspn , greenemami , happy-mama , hillymum , incorrigible , jlm84 , katelove , Katherine73 , mckittre , MeanVeggie , Mirzam , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , mumto1 , NaturallyKait , rabbitmomma , redsally , RollerCoasterMama , Saladd , samaxtics , shantimama , Socks , Springshowers , TealCandy , thefragile7393 , Trying2Namaste , valerievalira , verticalscope , zebra15 , zoeyzoo|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|