CT Scan and the results - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-06-2007, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this, or can give me some support.
I have had some bad pains in my stomach a week or 2 ago,( they came right as soon as I ate dinner and were kind of like gas) went to the Dr. to get them checked out. She wanted me to have a CT Scan, so 2 days ago went for that. Today she called me with the news that is totally unrelated to the stomach pain that they found a 4 cm mass in my mesentary,at the base of the intestine.
Apparently it is very unusual for this to be found in a healthy person of my
age, and she wanted me to go for a CT guided biopsy to see what it is asap.

I am a little freaked, well actually quite a bit, my girls are 2 and 4 , and I was really shocked. My dh was really quiet when I told him, ( he was at work but I had to talk to him ) but when he came home he was calm and we talked about it and he relaxed me a little about it.

On a different note, they also saw a kind of varicose vein in my pelvic area too, but she wanted to address the main issue right now. Has anyone heard of these things before?

I am trying not to be too melodramatic about it, but it was really shocking news. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything works out positively for me and my family.

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#2 of 7 Old 12-06-2007, 09:39 AM

How scary, mama! I just wanted to send you some support. I'm thinking about you!
#3 of 7 Old 12-06-2007, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I really appreciate them.
I wish I had someone IRL to talk to about it, I have lots of friends, but I want to feel comfortable with it and for them to be able to offer me the right support. Also, don't want to burden anyone with that kind of scary news.

On a very positive note, whilst having the first CT scan, they took pics of my lymph nodes, and everything looks good there, so that rules out anything cancerous, so that is at least a relief.

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#4 of 7 Old 12-07-2007, 06:31 PM

s my dh's boss just had a mass removed from her abdomen (not sure what, dh too squeamish to ask), but is perfectly fine and even got to check out from the hospital a day early. I think it's great your doc caught this and is being so good about following up on it (think how easily she might have dismissed the pains as gas and sent you home). Also great news that your lymph nodes are clear! But--I can certainly imagine why you're shocked. Hang in there. It sounds like you're in good hands with your doc.

Mom to DS 5/05 and DD 9/08
#5 of 7 Old 12-07-2007, 08:30 PM

I don't know anything about it but I'm sending you healing energy.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#6 of 7 Old 12-07-2007, 09:02 PM

Hi
I couldent read and not respond. That is so scarey and I am sending positive healing vibes your way. I hope you get this taken care of with no complications and that it is over with soon. peace to you mama. be strong.
alison
#7 of 7 Old 12-08-2007, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much guys. I am so worried, think about it every minute, and cry at the drop of a hat.
I have not told anyone, only DH and I know, so the support and well wishes are really incredible.

Thanks so much .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page