How long to heal from a broken ankle? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-06-2007, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone broke their ankle recently? I got a hairline fracuture of a bone in my ankle, left foot, outside. I know that the older you are the longer it may take to heal. With skiing season beginning this weekend in our area (CT/NY) I'm a bit bummed that my season passes would be used for a while. I have a walking cast on and on day two it hurts to put pressure on my foot.

Thanks,

Shane

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2007, 02:10 PM

I sprained my ankle badly 2 years ago, and it recently started hurting again. I'd keep pressure off it if you can. I sometimes still brace mine.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:46 PM

I have a foot fracture. I went over on my ankle & it pulled a couple of pieces of bone out on top & the side of my foot. It is not casted as there is nothing they can do for it. It isn't bad enough for surgery(TG). I was supposed to rest it as much as possible for 6 weeks, then no vigorous activity for 2-3 months as the risk of re-injuring it is high. It is okay if I play basketball with my girls team as long as I don't overdo it. I've done it twice for about 30minutes & both times my foot was extremely sore the next day & the healing regresses.

I did it 8 weeks ago. I cannot bend my toes all the way, I cannot bend my foot all the way. Feb is when I can get back to my regular workout exercises. However I'm also thinking of going in for some physio on it before that.

Since yours is in the actual ankle & you have a cast, I'd honestly say skiing is out for your for the entire season.

User Tag List