diva cup vs the keeper vs luna cup - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-10-2007, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any major differences or advantages? I want to buy one and have if for my first period post partum. dd is almost 11 months and i think this month will be the one. i can just feel it. any advice/opions is much appreciated!

amanda... lovin' my dh since 2004 and mama to dd (3), ds (18 months) and expecting someone new Oct 2010.
#2 of 6 Old 12-10-2007, 05:08 AM

Search this forum with each of those names - we've had long discussions on each one and the benefits/drawbacks of each.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#3 of 6 Old 12-10-2007, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i searched here too before buying mine. I havent tried them all so I can't offer any comparison. Probably they are all good and any differences would just be person-to-person.
Do post back if you come up with anything definitive.

no longer momsling.GIF or ecbaby2.gif orfly-by-nursing1.gif ... dd is going on 10 (!) how was I to know there was a homeschool going on?

#4 of 6 Old 12-10-2007, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

hmm...i did some seraching and found a few short threads. this seemed to be the longest. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...iva+cup&page=2

in summary, the moon cup and keeper are both made in the USA, same design, only the moon cup is medical grade silicone and the keeper is latex, so the moon cup can be boiled to clean and the keeper requires vinager soaking. also, latex sensitivities. the diva cup is also medical grade silicone and is a little different shape than the keeper/moon cup. i believe the moon cup is a little shorter.

i am off to order a diva and can't wait to try it. this is the best price online i have found: http://www.southcoastshopping.com/?p...48f9653b1a8ec2

HTH!!

amanda... lovin' my dh since 2004 and mama to dd (3), ds (18 months) and expecting someone new Oct 2010.
#5 of 6 Old 12-10-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abharrington View Post
hmm...i did some seraching and found a few short threads. this seemed to be the longest. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...iva+cup&page=2

in summary, the moon cup and keeper are both made in the USA, same design, only the moon cup is medical grade silicone and the keeper is latex, so the moon cup can be boiled to clean and the keeper requires vinager soaking. also, latex sensitivities. the diva cup is also medical grade silicone and is a little different shape than the keeper/moon cup. i believe the moon cup is a little shorter.

i am off to order a diva and can't wait to try it. this is the best price online i have found: http://www.southcoastshopping.com/?p...48f9653b1a8ec2

HTH!!
Well, you are sort of correct.

There are two moon cups.
One is made in the UK and is the original Moon Cup.

One is made in the US and is made by the Keeper company, and is just a silicone Keeper. Some have questioned the ethical issues surrounding the Keeper company's decision to name their silicone version the same name as an already existing product. They also bought up the mooncup website name. If you want the UK mooncup, you have to go to http://www.mooncup.co.uk

Be aware: some people have bought a "mooncup" advertised as the Mooncup UK version from ebay and actually got a Keeper Mooncup.

I ordered a Diva cup too. I have a keeper, but I'm tired of doing the vinegar soak thing to clean, and the funky gum rubber smell. I want to see how the Diva does.
#6 of 6 Old 12-11-2007, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

ah...that makes a lot more sense. Thanks! i couldn't figure out why the moon cup has its own website with all UK info and then there is a mooncup on the keeper website and it says both are made in the USA.

so can anyone comment on the mooncup USA vs the mooncup UK?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page