Why does my c-section scar still hurt? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-13-2007, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

My stupid c-section was seven months ago. It was the typical incision, double closure. The external scar feels fine and I can barely see it anymore, but I HURT on the inside. It's probably adhesions, but sometimes it feels like I have barbed wire scraping across my uterus. It goes from sharp, stabbing pains to dull, aching pains. The cramps I have during my period are about 100 times worse than they were before I was pregnant. What's the deal? Will this ever go away? Sometimes I just feel a dull pain that builds up, while sometimes it's just out of the blue and practically knocks me off my feet. I had a check up a few months ago and the OB did a vag. u/s and said I had the biggest scar she's ever seen, whatever that means. I occasionally drink raspberry leaf tea... will that help return things to normal, or make it worse?

Thanks!!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
#2 of 4 Old 12-13-2007, 05:43 AM

Scar tissue can hurt a lot. I had a c-section with my first and after about a year I would feel a little pins and needles but nothing painful. Before that I would just ache. It takes a while but it gets better
#3 of 4 Old 12-13-2007, 04:02 PM

It sounds like adhesions, I developed them after my first section and they were horribly painful if I turned a certain way or did sit ups. During my second c-sect the doc cut out a lot of scar tissue and I have not had any pain since then.
#4 of 4 Old 12-13-2007, 05:31 PM

Mine hurt for years after my first one, esp. when I did sit ups. Sometimes it felt like someone was poking me with something really sharp. It also always got worse right before I got my period.

When I got pregnant again (about 3 years later), it bothered me once in a while during pregnancy. I had another c-section and since then, it hasn't bothered me at all.

I hope your pain stops soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page