Flower Essences... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 12-22-2007, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is not about flowers, but it is so intertwined in your postings that I cannot NOT say something.

Everything you are describing about yourself and ALL your child comes back to gut function....all of it. When the gut is damaged there is a whole cascade of problems that only get worse with time. EVERYTHING you mentioned falls on this spectrum. ADHD, anger, depression, constipation etc.

All your neurotransmitters are formulated in the gut. If you don't make them you can't use them. For instance, all the feel good neurotransmitters that are needed for brain function are made in your gut. This includes seratonin, dopamine, nor epinephrin and epinephrin. IF you are deficient most people would prescribe antidepressants to combat the deficiency. In fact if you take meds for it it gives your body the message that it no longer needs to spontaneously produce them at all. So your body that was fighting to produce some, now stops trying at all. This is why you need to wean off meds if you go off them. Your body has to start attempting to produce the neurotransmitters again....often it still can't. Healing the gut is the only option for true health. If you heal the gut it will start producing all of them again without medication.

ADHD is similar, but not the same. That website will give a great explanation. It is SO common to see this run in families. If your gut was damaged it is likely passed on to your kids as their health depends on the nutritional stores and proper bacteria that you are able to pass on.

It's totally reversible. Once you know the path you will see rapid strides. It's about getting the right nutrients into your kids and increasing the possibility of their absorbing and utilizing them. Many things can be preventing this: yeast, food allergies, heavy metals etc. but everything can be corrected. It's a long road, but at the end is health as opposed to partial functioning and dependence on meds.

I believe that it's my job to make my kids as comfortable as possible in the world. For me (and there is NO judgement here) giving meds was like a band-aid that just masked the problem and made things more comfortable for me in dealing with them. I wanted to find a way to make them more comfortable and restore the health that was their birthright. I was lucky enough to have fabulous practitioners that cautioned me against medicating though our situation called for it. Without their help I don't know that I would have had the strength to pursue this path myself.

We are still healing, but there is NO comparison between my kids now and my kids a couple of years ago. We have made such great progress.

I know how lucky I was and always feel compelled to at least let people know there are options if they weren't exposed to them.

You can ignore this if you want to, but if you have never heard any of this before I didn't want to sit here with my mouth shut and let you continue to suffer. Sorry if I overstepped my bounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 12-22-2007, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
firefaery you did not over step at all, thank you for all your words of wisdom, I certainly had not heard about options like essenses etc. The dr's just push so many meds, I kept firing the kids shrinks for wanting to jsut dope them up and never giving other options. Right now my oldest is the only one medicated, he is on a very low dose compared to the severity of his symptoms but I just wanted enough to help him without making him a robot kwim.

Looking at mustard vs pine I think pine is a better description for me.

uccomama I will look into that device, you are right that the whole energy of the home has to change. I find it strange we can do so well elsewhere, but within seconds of coming home we are at war again, it is a very strange feeling, like a light switch going off kwim. Also the corn essense you mentioned before, can that be found at any health food store like the bach flowers? ANd what about this omni device, where is the best place to look for one of those?

Brandy Single momma to A(11), C(10), H(6) and I(2)
:
#33 of 34 Old 12-22-2007, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swellmomma View Post
uccomama I will look into that device, you are right that the whole energy of the home has to change. I find it strange we can do so well elsewhere, but within seconds of coming home we are at war again, it is a very strange feeling, like a light switch going off kwim. Also the corn essense you mentioned before, can that be found at any health food store like the bach flowers? ANd what about this omni device, where is the best place to look for one of those?
I will pm you about this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#34 of 34 Old 12-22-2007, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
Everything you are describing about yourself and ALL your child comes back to gut function....all of it. When the gut is damaged there is a whole cascade of problems that only get worse with time. EVERYTHING you mentioned falls on this spectrum. ADHD, anger, depression, constipation etc.

All your neurotransmitters are formulated in the gut. If you don't make them you can't use them. For instance, all the feel good neurotransmitters that are needed for brain function are made in your gut. This includes seratonin, dopamine, nor epinephrin and epinephrin. IF you are deficient most people would prescribe antidepressants to combat the deficiency. In fact if you take meds for it it gives your body the message that it no longer needs to spontaneously produce them at all. So your body that was fighting to produce some, now stops trying at all. This is why you need to wean off meds if you go off them. Your body has to start attempting to produce the neurotransmitters again....often it still can't. Healing the gut is the only option for true health. If you heal the gut it will start producing all of them again without medication.

ADHD is similar, but not the same. That website will give a great explanation. It is SO common to see this run in families. If your gut was damaged it is likely passed on to your kids as their health depends on the nutritional stores and proper bacteria that you are able to pass on.

It's totally reversible. Once you know the path you will see rapid strides. It's about getting the right nutrients into your kids and increasing the possibility of their absorbing and utilizing them. Many things can be preventing this: yeast, food allergies, heavy metals etc. but everything can be corrected. It's a long road, but at the end is health as opposed to partial functioning and dependence on meds.
This is so very, very true.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page