What kinds of things can cause pain in your labia area, sorry TMI - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 12-30-2007, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not speaking of the kind of pain thats burning or itching, i'm talking about pain that feels sorta like an ache. Its been hurting 2 days now and i'm starting to get very nervous, i got a pap test done about 2 weeks ago and i'm waiting for the results which makes having this pain that much worse cuz i think maybe i do have cervical cancer. I'm not having any bleeding or discharge, no other symptoms cept the pain. Is there anything else that can cause this kind of pain? TIA
#2 of 15 Old 12-30-2007, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

bump
#3 of 15 Old 12-30-2007, 01:03 PM

Labial varicosities?

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#4 of 15 Old 12-30-2007, 06:21 PM

I've read that a yeast infection can cause pain that you wouldn't normally associate with a yeast infection, but I can't remember where now...

<>< Alison
#5 of 15 Old 12-30-2007, 06:24 PM

Labial varicosities?

That would be my guess - I had these horrible when I was pregance with my youngest. Are you pregnant, that could cause it as well
#6 of 15 Old 12-30-2007, 06:29 PM

The beginnings of a herpe outbreak.
#7 of 15 Old 12-30-2007, 06:34 PM

During the days of my periods I get a really achy feeling there. Almost feels like a bad bruise. Is it your AF time?
#8 of 15 Old 12-30-2007, 11:12 PM

I have never heard of cervical dysplasia/cancer causing labia pain. Usually, pain related to the cervix is felt in the abdominal area (higher rather than lower, in relation to the cervix). So, for what it's worth, I doubt the two are related. Hope you get some answers soon.
#9 of 15 Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 PM

Perhaps HSV?

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#10 of 15 Old 12-31-2007, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Y'all for the replies. I've googled So many things today trying to find out a clue of the problem. First, i don't think i'm pg but it is possible, af was on the 8th of this month so if i was pg it'd be really, really early. I do get this achy feeling when i have af but usually not before. Does anyone think hormones can cause this? I have pcos and i'm hoping its just another wonderful side effect of that. With all the googling that i've done today i've worked myself into a panic about it. Everywhere i google directs me to cervical cancer or vulvar cancer've even went to a cancer message board but no one there really talked about the pain i'm having, most of them had a discharge or bleeding, then again some of them had No symptoms what so ever, scarey! I am now convinced i have cervical cancer in the advanced stage. Most women catch it early cuz they do pap tests yearly but its been over 3yrs for me. But then again i've read that some women had a "normal" pap test but ended up having cervical cancer I'm almost 36 yrs old so now i'm at the age to be at higher risk for these things Wow this is way too much for one brain to soak in at one time. I'm just rambling i know but this is what i do when i get scared and panic. Sorry. My dh thinks my symptoms are all in my head (can you think up this kind of symptom Maybe,,,,,,
#11 of 15 Old 12-31-2007, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrant View Post
During the days of my periods I get a really achy feeling there. Almost feels like a bad bruise. Is it your AF time?
This happens to me also - it can be pretty painful and sore the first few days of my period.

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

#12 of 15 Old 12-31-2007, 07:53 PM

You might google symptoms for vulvodynia. Doctors could never diagnose the achiness, pain, burning and inflammation I experienced, but I stumbled upon the symptoms for this when researching side-effects of soy. I got rid of soy, and have been mainly NT for the last couple of years...no more swollen, inflamed labia.
#13 of 15 Old 01-01-2008, 06:33 AM

try putting some yogurt on to see if that helps. it will balknce teh pH of the area and your body will be better able to handle itself, I think PCOS is the result of a congested liver. I recomend reading "The Body Ecology Diet."
#14 of 15 Old 01-01-2008, 06:53 AM

Is there a bump? I had a very painful cyst in my labia that had to be lanced and drained.
#15 of 15 Old 01-01-2008, 07:14 AM

I get labial pain when my back is really out, feels all swollen and throbby.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page