My throat hurts very bad! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 08-25-2003, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone please oh please tell me what to do before I scratch my throat right out. It feels like someone has scubbed the inside down with a Brillo pad and on the back of my tongue I can feel a little flap of skin that feels like maybe a blister has popped. I asked dh to look in there last night and he said it looked white but he is awful when it comes to these type of things, always jumping to the worst case scenario and I think it may have something to do with the flashlight he has in my mouth. Anyhow it hurts really, really bad. I barely slept last night. I have been drinking tea with honey and lemon and gargling with warm salt water and it offers no relief. I am not running a fever. After taking my temp I took some pain reliever and sone cold and sinus medicine and I feel worse if anything. I really don't want to go see a doc because I don't have health insurance so to see a doc that charges a decent price and will prescribe generic antibiotics I will have to drive back to MILs, an hour away. Please, please help. At least tell me it will feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-25-2003, 11:21 PM

Vitamin C! Lots of it. At least 4000mg a day could knock this out. This should help a lot. When I first feel a sore throat coming on, I do fresh brewed ginger with lemon and cayenne and honey to handle the heat. It works everytime. The lemon and cayenne being the Vit C sources. Drink lots of water and you will get thru this
If you get diarrhea, it is the large amount of Vitamin C, let up a little and increase gradually. I would do like 250 mg an hour.
#3 of 5 Old 08-26-2003, 12:59 AM
poe

Try gargling with warm salt water too. Sometimes that can bring some relief, at least temporarily.

If your throat is really red and raw looking with white pus on tonsils or dark red/purple spots on the uvula or roof of your mouth, or if you have intense pain even swallowing liquids, get yourself to the doctor quick as those could be signs of strep (usually have a fever with that though).

Good luck and hope you're feeling better soon.

#4 of 5 Old 08-26-2003, 03:27 AM

Don't forget the bee propolis throat spray! It works! I use the Herb Pharm brand with echinacea. Also you can up the vit. C to 10,000 mg. Take garlic or make macerated garlic drink. And zinc lozenges, they are a must in the medicine cabinet and very effective. Try to eat raw grated beets and carrots and minced parsley if you don't have a juicer or juice shop nearby. Very nourishing & healing. You can also use a heating pad on your throat-it works like fever to kill the buggers. Also vapor rub on neck throat and behind the ears. Attack it from all angles. You will feel better soon! Just take care and avoid smoke, dust and perfume too-those can further aggravate it. Hope you feel better soon. Laura
#5 of 5 Old 08-26-2003, 09:51 AM

When I have a sore throat coming on I gargle and swallow Grapefruit seed extract mixed with water.I also take sodium ascorbate powder.Usually knocks it out in a day or 2.I soak my toothbrushes in GSE too.I like the Source natural brand of GSE and I get NOW vitC through vitaglo.

sara

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page