Mothering Forum banner

Natural Remedies for Headaches

464 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Panserbjorne 
#1 ·
When I am pregnant I tend to get a lot of headaches. I am assuming it is from hormones. During my last pregnancy this period lasted for quite a few weeks. I do not feel comfortable using constant medication to treat. I am open to any ideas you all might have for me.

#2 ·
There is some information on treating headaches naturally here.

I'm sure you probably know this - but not all the herbs or essential oils are safe for use during pregnancy. But you find some useful supplements or homeopathic indications based on your specific symptoms.

Good luck ~ I hope you get relief soon!

#3 ·
I used to get tension headaches while pregnant. I would run a bath, take a hand towel or bath towel into the tub with me, run it under hot water (as hot as I could stand) and wrap the towel around my neck and shoulders. My actual bathwater wasn't extremely hot, but I would lounge in the tub with that towel around my neck and shoulders and it would really help.

#4 ·
Magnesium in the form of NaturalCalm is my favorite headache fix. Perfectly safe in pregnancy-actually beneficial! Mag phos. tissue salts are also a great idea.

Epsom salt soaks (magnesium again!) are also quite helpful for many.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a food journal and see if there are any patterns to ingestion of food and subsequent headaches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.