Herbs To Prevent Jaundice??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-14-2008, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really hope someone can help me here. All of my three children so far have developed jaundice around day two and required bili light treatment. With my last I took Milk Thistle after she was born and she had the shortest case yet. I am almost 24 weeks pregnant with number four and wanting to know if there is anything I can take NOW to help prevent jaundice or greatly reduce it. I've been searching around and the herbs I've heard recommended are:
-Milk Thistle
-Yellow Dock Root
-Dandelion Root
-Burdock Root (although I also saw somewhere Burdock should not be used in pregnancy LOL)
-I have no idea if these are indeed safe in pregnancy. What or how much to try...Does ANYONE know??? Thanks so much!
#2 of 3 Old 01-14-2008, 02:11 PM

I had the same issues with my first 2. With my youngest I took alfalfa and royal jelly through out my preg. and in the end I drank red rasp. leaf tea. he not only didn't need treatment, but his billi came out a 2 or 3 when they tested him (they thought he looked yellow). My older two were 17 and 19.5 or 20 at their highest.

NOW, not saying I think you ought to go out and try that, do your research and decide for yourself if this is the right path to go. I have since learned that since I am predispositioned to have hypothyroid that I should have avoided the alfalfa, but I think it still was worth it, since my youngest was/is the healthiest of the 3.

Reese

Ahhh tea the essence of life.
#3 of 3 Old 01-14-2008, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Reese! That is really good to know. I will have to look into that. I actually have had my thyroid removed due to Graves disease so I will have to carefully check that out. I am not hypothyroid at all though so maybe I'm ok...
Elizabeth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page