Systemic Yeast Infection, or Candidiasis, self-test method (Saliva) wondering if it is accurate? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-13-2008, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello
I am concerned I have an overgrowth of yeast colony in my household. I was reading things last night about Yeast infection, symptom of systemic / yeast overgrowth, candida albicans, etc., and came across this:

http://www.stopyeast.com/saliva.html

It is a self-test of saliva to determine if you have a yeast or fungal problem.

It says, to spit in a glass of water first thing in morning before drinking or brushing of teeth. And that after 15-30 minutes, there are 4 options.

1. is to have saliva still on top with "stringy legs" hanging down.
2. is to have cloudy water or flecks of saliva suspended in water.
3. is to have saliva sink to bottom.

all of these are said to mean, a yeast or fungal concern.

4. is to have saliva stay at the top of the glass, eventually dissipating.

this is said to indicate negative for yeast.

Well all that said, to say this: I did the test, and had option 1 after 20 minutes. I had my partner do the same (in a new glass of course) and he had option 2.

I want to know, how effective does this seem to you? I know I do indeed have a yeast infection in my vagina. And have suspected much bigger problem for a year and a half, for overall health in both me and my partner, which I think could be attributed to yeast.

If you don't mind to do this test and tell me your results, and if you believe them accurate or not.

And if any one is able to explain WHY these results work this way, if they are accurate. Would be much appreciated. Thank you so much!!!
#2 of 10 Old 02-13-2008, 01:33 PM

hmmmm....
I'll spit in a cup tomorrow and let you know Drinking coffee right now.

I think it's probably bogus, but eh? worth a shot, I know what my result "should" be... interesting, though

---feeling like an emu on acid---
#3 of 10 Old 02-13-2008, 01:49 PM

I actually think I don't have a problem because I don't eat sugar or very little white ingredients at all. I eat live culture yogurt every day.

But if I remember I'll try it in the morning.

Have to write myself a note.
#4 of 10 Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM

i did this this morning. i got result 1, though the legs weren't as stringy, more clumpy (though i did forget and checked after 3 hours, rather than 30 minutes.

I've wondered about yeast. Maybe I do have a problem? I do love sugar and carbs!

I would also like to hear why this work (if it does). I hate it when they give you self tests but don't explain why they work. They just want you to trust them at face value, which makes me feel suspicious.

~Julia
#5 of 10 Old 03-19-2008, 03:32 PM

THE TEST SHOWS YEAST IN YOUR SPIT, YOUR MOUTH IS CONECTED TO YOUR INSIDES oops sorry abt all caps - so it shows you what is happening on the insides, i have never waited more than a minute or so to see results for the test. it is accurate.

i dont know if that helped though.

btw after 3 hours all the cups will probably look similar.

best way to treatyeast is sugar free grain free fruit free diet and lots of coconut products. coconut contains certain acids that inhibit yeast growth so they will not be able to reproduce if coconut is in your body. if you have a flare up it will be down within hours of eating coconut.
#6 of 10 Old 03-19-2008, 03:45 PM

How long to see results on the diet?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#7 of 10 Old 03-19-2008, 04:44 PM

you'll see results immidiately, you'll probly have to do iot totally for like amonth then add in honey and maple and berries stay like that for a another month add in amaranth, quinoa, milllet and after another month rice after another month add back moderate amts fruit and after 6 months i'd think your system should definitely be yeast free. systemic yeast is well.... systemic. it's everywhere. but every one is different and it will definitely take some longer and others shorter.
#8 of 10 Old 03-19-2008, 05:04 PM

I will try to remember to try this tomorrow morning and lyk the results. ot maybe but i heard first thing in the morning there can be as many as 600 types of bacteria in your mouth. (explains morning breath!!), i wonder if this affects the test.
i had a very quick look at the website, and wanted to add this might be somewhat of a ploy to sell their products. so it will be interesting to see if any mamas get a neg result
and as for vaginal yeast infection, i dont get them very often, but i did at the end of my pregnancies (it was like a combo of irritation from leukkorea and yeast inf.), and i found inserting a clove of garlic and leaving it in overnight very helpful. a mild way of doing it is sing a whole clove, the next step is to put 2 or 3 cuts on the clove, the next measure is to cut it in half, then next step is to pretty much skin a whole clove. depends on your needs good luck!!
oh and cutting down sugar of course helps not feed the yeast, someone probably mentioned that or you already knew that.
#9 of 10 Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM

Dh had no yeast at all. I had a scoby the moment I spit. Dd had only the tiniest of nearly invisible strands. Ds1 & ds2 had strands. This pretty much corresponds with our personal levels of sugar addiction. Coincidence?

I don't think so.

However, I read that you need not avoid fruit (or honey) b/c its sugars are monosaccharides, so they never make it down to the part of the gut where they would feed the yeastie beasties. I read it here: http://www.pecanbread.com/scdscience.html Perhaps if the candida has already plugged up all the holes in the small intestine with its rhizomes, it blocks the monosaccharides from their normal path into the bloodstream and they go down to the lower intestine?

The only food I eat that gives me the major bloating and gas is unsoaked oats. But all unsoaked/sprouted/fermented grains make me bloat, just not like the oats. So it's easy to believe I need to cut them out to battle yeast.
#10 of 10 Old 03-20-2008, 04:14 AM

i cant comment on what you read, but with my dh and alot of other mamas i know on dc fruit was ver
y
hard onm them

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page