What is Rescue Remedy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-06-2003, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I was just reading some threads and saw something about a Rescue Remedy to be used for calming children and also has a relaxing effect for adults.Also where can I get some?I've been so stressed out lately and with 4 small children I need to calm down. So far I've just been trying to get some extra time for myself/sleep and chamomile(sp?).
Sonya
#2 of 8 Old 09-06-2003, 09:19 PM

I had never used Rescue Remedy before this week. I had heard of it and have been around people who use it...but for whatever reason, I had never tried it.

It was on sale at my co-op so I bought some this past weekend. I didn't really have a reason....just thought...huh...maybe this is something I should have in my first aid kit.

The weird thing is....I bought it Monday and Tuesday I arrived at work to have my boss tell me "I'm sorry Erin but I think you are going to have a very bad day." The day went downhill (very quickly) from there.

I won't get into specifics about my stupid work politics but needless to say I utilized Rescue Remedy SEVERAL times this week.

I found the results to be pretty amazing.

I got called into a meeting with one of the vice presidents of my organization to defend an outrageous allegation against me (totally false BTW) and my heart was beating out of my chest. I took a few deep breaths and put four drops of RR under my tounge and I swear my whole body just went ahhhhhhhhhhh.

I didn't lose my cool AT ALL in the meeting.

I had a couple of other VERY intense moments like that this week at work and each time I took my four drops of RR. I REALLY feel that it assisted me in maintaing my sanity.

Anyway.....just my 2 cents as a recent RR convert!

I was telling DH last night...it might be a total placebo (I don't think it is though) but even if it is....so what. It's the best (legal) $10 instant-stress-reliever I've used so far.

~Erin
#3 of 8 Old 09-06-2003, 09:57 PM

I have seen it in most natural food stores...LOVE IT for myself.
#4 of 8 Old 09-06-2003, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Bach isn't the only company that makes a Rescue Remedy, Pegasus Products has two (at least):

First Aid Shock – Agate–Botswana, Herkimer Diamond, Impatiens, Lotus, Mimulus, Opal (Dark), Rock Rose, Saguaro, Sapphire

and:

Zeta Cygni - Starry Rescue - made from the light of Zeta Cygni.

We used the Starry Rescue to assist our youngest two when they were born, both had shoulder dytocia and both took a while to really enter their bodies. DH put a drop of the Starry Rescue on the crown of their head and worked in a nanosecond. Its amazing stuff!

You can find both here: http://www.pegasusproducts.com

Deborah

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#5 of 8 Old 09-06-2003, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by Hilary
I found the commercial ones too mild, so I bought the seeder bottles for those five, and used to make it up, double strength for my friends, and it worked a lot better IMO.

Bach Flowers are far from the most potent flower essences on the market, I am not suprised you found this.

Quote:
I've never used it myself. I found that a homeopathic constitutional remedy worked better for me. I've never used it on the children, because I prefer to deal with the exact problem.

You should give essences a try you might be suprised at the results! They do actually work on the exact problem, but it doesn't have to be obvious. Essences work on a vibrational level and you never get an inappropriate response.

Quote:
Rescue remedy is really a shot-gun approach, which makes it easy for people who just want something to cover different scenarios, but haven't the time or inclination to be more precise.

That's for sure, but there are over a thousand different essences available for every imaginable scenario, if you are interested in pursuing this very powerful arena of healing.

If you want to blow your mind with possibilities, check out the selection at http://www.pegasusproducts.com

Deborah

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#6 of 8 Old 08-18-2014, 10:50 PM

Pegasus Starry Rescue

I too love the Pegasus Products Starry Rescue. It also helps keep you safe and alert when driving and tired. Drowsy driving causes over 100,000 car accidents a year. Highly recommended for long driving trips, or anytime needed. I also have gone through at least 4 bottles of Pegasus' "Clear Energy" spray. You can spray it on anything you are uncertain of and it clears it. Can be used on antiques, crystals, rooms in your home or office, anytime you want to clear the air, or object. As to clearing crystals--good for new purchases and also to refresh crystals you have had out for some time. You also can use it on yourself. Wonderful company to do business with. They have been around since at least the 1980's.
#7 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 03:43 AM

I use the Rescue Remedy pastilles when flying, they're great, although I always have trouble getting the lid off the tin, which distracts me so maybe it's that that works and not the RR
#8 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 05:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Thanks for starting this thread! My natural medicine cabinet book recommends it as a must have for any medicine cabinet but I wasn't 100% why I would want/need it. I like hearing of women/mothers who have used it and like it. Perhaps it'll be something I buy in the future.

Amber. Expecting #1 in January 2015. Married to a fireman. 2 fur babies - Golden Retriever & a chubby tabby cat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page