Can holding in URINE cause kidney damage? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-25-2008, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you have any info on this or have any suggestions where to find information, let me know.

I have this bad habit of holding in my pee...Done it my whole life. Sometimes I hold it in so much that I have to physically crouch over and push it back through the tract. (I know!! Shame on me. I'm an adult...You'd think I'd learn by now)

Sorry to sound graphic.

Anyhow, anyone know where to find info on this?

Thanks.

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#2 of 9 Old 02-25-2008, 08:03 PM

This article says there is no danger unless you have an infection.

Quote:
But gynaecologist Dr Horace Fletcher explains that with the exception of the discomfort that this practice may cause, there is no real danger involved.

"Holding your urine is not really dangerous - not unless you already have an infection in the bladder," Dr Fletcher said. "Six per cent of women will have a bladder infection and don't know it, so holding the urine will allow the bacteria to flourish [in that case]. As a matter of fact, if you pass your urine too often, say every 25 minutes, the bladder will become weak."
There's an article telling how to hold it in case anyone didn't know

How to hold it
#3 of 9 Old 02-26-2008, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstella View Post
This article says there is no danger unless you have an infection.

There's an article telling how to hold it in case anyone didn't know

How to hold it
LOL, an article telling how to hold it in. That's great!

Who knew, right?

Or I guess in this case, who DOESN'T know. Well, and I guess for me anyway, I might as well have written that article since I am the queen of holding it in.

I'm glad to know though that it sounds like according to this, it's not a terrible problem.

Thanks for sharing!

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#4 of 9 Old 01-18-2014, 08:14 PM

hold urine always good for health because use toilet always bad for health because it cause bladder to burst,have urinary catheter placed in our bladder and haveave repeatedly urinary infections so we always need to hold oururine in to avoid have our bladder to burst and have repeatedly urinary infections each day and night.
#5 of 9 Old 01-19-2014, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley3708 View Post

hold urine always good for health because use toilet always bad for health because it cause bladder to burst,have urinary catheter placed in our bladder and haveave repeatedly urinary infections so we always need to hold oururine in to avoid have our bladder to burst and have repeatedly urinary infections each day and night.

Um, huh????

#6 of 9 Old 01-26-2014, 08:12 PM

my medical book,computer,youtube and doctor say about hold our urine always good for health because use toilet always bad for health because it cause our bladder to burst,have repeatedly urinary infections and chronic kidney failure can lead to end-stage renal failure required kidney hemodialysis machine,peritoneal dialysis or kidney transplantation each day and night.
#7 of 9 Old 01-27-2014, 04:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I'm wondering if you are using a translation website. Because your posts aren't really making sense. Unless twice-daily kidney transplants are standard medical practice.
#8 of 9 Old 02-04-2014, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley3708 View Post

My aunt Tracy Diane Waller passed away from respiratory failure and kidney failure related to devic's disease and hold her urine in at Granny's house on August 22,2010.

Ashley, sorry for your loss.

However, I strongly suggest you edit your post and remove your late aunt's name.  Website forums and chat rooms are not good places to post people's real names.  It was very easy to trace YOUR name through your aunt's name on a search engine.

By the way, how old are you?

Oh, by the way, using the toilet will NOT cause your bladder to burst!  Any doctor (or, website or other source of "information") that tells you that, is, quite simply, WRONG.

#9 of 9 Old 02-08-2014, 03:05 PM

I am 22 years old now.The doctor say wrong about use toilet always good for health and use toilet not burst your bladder when you need go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page