Forum Jump: 

Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
A&A

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypixels View Post
Tea tree oil burns skin on my legs, much less skin inside my vagina, aka mucous membranes. Yikes. teatreeoil[/url]

To each their own and it is your yoni. I'd just mention the risks when you recommend doing it.
I agree.

Even tea tree shampoo kind of burns my scalp.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2009, 10:37 PM
A&A

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilpunkins View Post
Hold on a sec! if you can pass it back n forth during sex, the partner must be treated too. (DH never was, thats prob. why I keep getting it!)
So what the heck do men do to get rid of it?????
I read that you should abstain from sex, or use a condom, for 1--3 months.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rockwell has a BV protocol in their Women's Health Section with boric acid and ACV and probiotics, lots of good info there.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:40 AM

I am dealing with a case of BV right now.
I have started the 30ml of Hydrogen Peroxide douching for a week.
I'll report back my results...wish me luck!

SAHM to 2twins.gif (twin DDs, 6). One on the way Aug 14' joy.gif!!! Looking forward to (again!): belly.giffemalesling.GIFbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif Looking forward to (1st time!): stork-suprise.gifhomebirth.jpgplacenta.gifencapsulation!
Old 07-12-2009, 01:19 PM

Haven't read the first few pages of the thread, but I wanted to say that I've had good luck using garlic suppositories for BV And rinsing with water/acv in the shower. I follow up with acidopholus tablets (inserted) after the infection has cleared to reestablish healthy flora.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:40 PM

I am going to began treatment tonight, I will use the peroxide and water mix...
Has anyone heard of using baking soda to help restore ph balance?

hola.gif
Old 06-08-2010, 12:10 PM

Bacterial vaginosis has a lot of the same characteristics as a yeast infection, but it is not the same thing. This vaginal infection is not a sexually transmitted infection but rather is a disruption of the Ph balance in the vagina. When you want to get rid of this infection, understanding the causes will help you to find the cures more easily.

There are good bacteria in the vagina that naturally produce hydrogen peroxide. This bacteria kills the bad bacteria that causes bacterial vaginosis. When there is a disruption in the acid balance in the vagina, the bad bacteria can start to reproduce very quickly. The bacteria will coat the walls of the vagina and, the most noticeable symptoms of this infection will be a white discharge and a strong odor.

There are many things that can cause this imbalance in the body. Thongs or tight clothing that rubs against the vagina and anus, new sex partners, improper hygiene, and a change in diet are some of the most common causes of the infection. In addition, pregnant women and women with sexually transmitted infections are also susceptible to the infection.

The medical and natural treatments that work effectively for yeast infections will not work on bacterial vaginosis. Although some physicians prescribe antibiotics, these can sometimes make the imbalance worse and the symptoms will continue. When left untreated however, this infection can cause itching, swelling, and difficulty for women who are pregnant. Therefore, it is important that the right treatment plan be found and used.

One of the reasons that home remedies are very popular for treating this infection is that it is usually recurring. Until women reach menopause, they can disrupt the pH balance in their vagina very easily. A person who gets the infection will want to evaluate what external things are causing it, such as thongs or tight clothing, and make changes to the wardrobe. In addition, it may be helpful to increase vaginal hygiene to make sure that no bacteria are entering the vagina that can cause a disruption.

One of the ways that a person can control outbreaks of bacterial vaginosis is to learn what the triggers are for the infection. Some people find that using a pH kit made especially for measuring the pH balance in the vagina. If you have a problem identifying triggers for the infection, using the pH kit on a regular basis will help you to identify what the triggers are.

For many women, their active lifestyle is one of the main triggers. When you are not getting the proper nutrients and vitamins in your body, it will become imbalanced. This, coupled with stress, will cause the pH balance in the vagina to shift and the bad bacteria to begin to take over.

Antioxidants are very helpful in keeping the body flushed of the toxins that kill the flora in the vagina. In addition Vitamins A, C, D, E, and B-complex taken on a daily basis will keep your body in a more balanced state. Among the other minerals and nutrients that are very effective in increasing the pH in the vagina are Acidophilus, and Folic Acid supplements and eating plain yogurt.

Avoiding foods that increase bacteria and yeast in the body will help you to alleviate the bacterial vaginosis. These foods include those that contain mold, fermented foods, alcohol, cheese, and other foods that contain yeast organisms.

Switching underwear when you exercise or go to the gym to loose fitting briefs will keep a thong or bikini underwear from rubbing the vaginal area. In addition, it is important to shower after exercising so that creases and folds in the skin does moist and warm which can often make an infection worse.

One of the methods to relieve the swelling and itching from an infection is to put cold compresses on the area. Using Vitamin E oil, topical cream, or powder is also soothing. In addition, Aloe Vera gel can be effective if the area is not raw.

It is important to treat bacterial vaginosis right away. The infection will not go away on its own and treatment will relieve the burning, itching, and discharge very quickly when the formula that works for you is found. In addition, some people find that putting plain yogurt in a tampon tube and squirting in the vaginal area will bring the pH into balance within a few days.

Some people get the infection from environmental triggers. Sitting too long can cause pressure and rubbing on the vagina that can irritate an infection. In addition, stress can often trigger an imbalance in the pH in the body. By taking vitamins and minerals that will help to maintain balance in the body, it is often possible to reduce the physical effects of stress.

Talking to a health professional about the different options available for effectively dealing with bacterial vaginosis, identifying triggers and learning how to avoid them, and creating a plan to maintain a healthy and balance body, will be the most effective way to avoid reoccurrences of the infection. In some cases, you may need to see the assistance of a medical professional who will provide you with further details and information about the medical treatments that may be available.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint View Post
What worked best for me was boric acid (increases lactic acid) in large capsules inserted (vaginally) each night daily for a week. (This was originally recommended by my midwife.) I got the boric acid from the pharmacy and the capsules in the nutrition section of my local store.
I will second this approach. I have a friend who had a chronic yeast infection and had her pharmacist, per her GYN's intructions, compound capsules of boric acid. It's the only thing that works for her for yeast infections.

Likewise, I've mixed earwashes for my dogs' bacterial infections that include boric acid to kill the bacteria.

I just wanted to add, when I had a mild bacterial infection, my doctor said that it was the ONLY time it was OK to douche. He said do just one or two vinegar and water douches, they are available from the pharmacy.

Good luck

Kids. I got two of 'em.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:57 AM

Ugg I am really relieved to find this thread.

I had a horrible Yeast infection about a month or so ago and it took a little while to get rid of with 3 day treatment,yogurt,and peroxide douches.

Now I have a BV I have had two of these before and It seems to be from hormones.... I am so tired of them. I used to would go to the Dr for them but with no insurance and frankly I would really like to beat this on my own so I know what to do next time.

I am using the peroxide/water mix but its really burning me

I think I will pick up some Garlic and Acidophilus.... I really would like my lady parts to go back to normal.

Any other suggestions??? BTW I am BFing and I am having horrible mood swingeyness ( yes thats right I made it up lol) So I am almost certian it is a hormone inbalance. What could be done for that???

Kim: Wife To Colby. Mommy To DS1 Christopher and DS2 Bradly. :
Old 06-11-2010, 12:35 PM

I had a BAD case of BV a few years ago. I felt like my doctor was just guessing at treatments. I went through two rounds of antibiotics, which didn't help.

After doing my own research, I found that the BV bacteria cannot live in an acidic environment. I loaded up on cranberry pills, drinking cranberry juice, and taking lots of probiotics. At the same time, my husband took a round of antibiotics. I have not had a recurrence.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:18 AM

Lactobacillus colonizing the vagina is the body's natural design to keep the area acidic, it produces hydrogen peroxide continually.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:55 AM

I have not read through this thread, but I wanted to post my success story
After both births (but not while I was pregnant)I would get what seemed to be a mild infection after having sex. Looking back I am pretty sure it was my estrogen levels. I tried yogurt tampons which seemed to help quite a bit, but I didn't want to keep treating it after the fact, I wanted it to not happen in the first place. Some guy had posted on a forum that his wife had luck with taking vitamin B, so I thought what the heck..I'll give it a try.

I bought a quality multi B vitamin and took two at the first sign of an infection and within 12 hours everything was back to normal! And it worked the second time too! I decided that I would take a daily preventative rather than waiting and I never had any more problems. I took a daily for a few weeks and then stopped. I think that the few weeks gave my vaginal flora time to find a healthy balance and I no longer (for almost a year now) need to take it!

I hope this might help someone else

Emilee
Old 06-20-2010, 11:12 PM

I went to the Bust lounge forum posted by OP, and found relief! One recommendation over there was to try Astroglide lube, as it has a pH of 4, which is pretty acidic. And it worked!

OMG- I am so glad to have found a quick, non smelly, non messy, not pain in the rear way to deal with this. My lady bits were so sore and irritable yesterday, if I thought it woulda helped, I'd have used a wire grill brush to scratch! Anything to stop the maddening irritation!!!

So it may not be a be all end all solution, and it might not work for everyone, but it was virtually instantaneous relief for me, and I wanted to share. In case anyone else is dealing with the horrific, annoying, grossness of bv.

I applied a small amount internally and externally, a little of this stuff goes a very long way. And within about 10 minutes, my lady business was feeling like normal again. WOOT for Astroglide!

ETA: I'd been trying to treat (what I thought was likely an oncoming yeast infection) for about a week with yogurt, probiotic suppliments, garlic gels orally and internally, and finally for about 3 days with monistat 7, with no relief whatsoever. I actually found the monistat made things worse, as after using that for a couple days my labia were very painful and felt almost raw or blistered. Sorry if this is sort of graphic, but you ladies who've btdt know what I mean. It is torturous! So happy to have found a quick means of relief. YAY!

Be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi
Old 06-20-2010, 11:39 PM

I had bv recurring for a little while as well, and ended up using metro gel cream twice. It didn't go away with the first round...obviously I kept going in for vaginal cultures to confirm if it was gone or not. Metro gel is pretty safe from what I read. I wasn't too crazy about it taking it while bf but the antibiotic pill (flagyl) was not an option at all while bf. But I did make my husband take flagyl while I was being treated since there are conflicting studies weather or not we pass it during sex. I think that kicked it for good. I just asked my OBGYN to call in the script for me and hubby gladly took it.

User Tag List