Mothering Forum banner

period without bleeding?

446 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  deditus 
#1 ·
i have cramps like a period but i am not bleeding. i am 6.5 months post partum and have not had a period yet. they feel almost like the cramps i had when i was very first pg. (i know i'm not pg again -unless it's an immaculate conception
)
they are worse than ovulation cramps and not on one side. it's just a very deep ache and centrally located in my pelvic area above the pubic bone below the button.

waah! what the heck is this???

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know but I had something similar. I am 9 months PP and have had my period for 3 months (3 times I mean, not for 3 months straight
) (I am EBF) although it was shorter in duration, lighter and my cycle was much longer than normal (no calendar here but maybe 35 days? as opposed to 27 pre-preg). Anyhow, the first and third periods I've had both happened about 10-14 days after having normal period cramping with no period. It was odd. Cramping starts, I'm sure period is coming, then it doesn't and I wonder what's wrong. Then maybe 2 weeks later period actually comes (without any cramping). No answers for you but just a similar experience. I'm honestly not worrying about my cycle at all until DD is weaned for a while and that will hopefully be a few years from now. I wonder if you'll have the same thing. The cramping will last for 2-3 days, go away and then you'll actually bleed in around 10-14 days? Who knows??

#4 ·
I have had cramping like this since dd was maybe 9 mo, but no period. I call them phantom periods. My dd is 21 mo, and still no AF.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.