Bile Gastritis from Removed Gall Bladder? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-04-2008, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had serious stomach issues for about 5 yrs now, though I've had attacks all my life. My upper belly became swollen and bulgy about 5 yrs ago, and dr's thought I had a hernia, but couldn't find one.

I had my gall bladder removed in early 2006, and while it took time for my body to digest properly again, it did seem to adjust. I just had a baby in July 2007, and a couple months after, I started having horrible burning diarrhea several times per day. It began to affect my life, when I couldn't go anywhere without running to the bathroom, or eat anything because right after I would get awful, painful stomach cramping.

Finally, I went to a western doctor, who did an upper endoscopy. He says I have bile gastritis. He says 20% of people who have their gall bladders out have this issue and I will have to take pills, probably the rest of my life. The pills are not compatible with BFing, so I haven't taken them.

I'm thinking the issue isn't from the gall bladder, though having it removed exacerbated the problem. I'm thinking, since I've had some really bad attacks since I was a child, maybe I'm allergic to something I'm eating. I've now been on an elimination diet for 2 weeks. I eat 7 things: chicken, rice, yam, olive oil, greens, salt. There's something else, but I can't think what right now. Oh yeah, pear. It's all very bland and boring. The attacks stop when I just stick to these things, and my stomach starts to shrink up a little.

The thing is, I can't seem to add anything to my diet without a reaction. What is going on? I can't just eat those 7 things for the rest of my life! I'm so hungry and feel weak. Does anyone have any advice?
#2 of 4 Old 11-06-2008, 10:28 PM

Hi, I know you started this thread a while ago... but have you ever been tested for Celiacs disease? It's wheat/gluten intolerance...
#3 of 4 Old 11-06-2008, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, it came up negative...
#4 of 4 Old 11-24-2008, 06:04 PM

Were you tested while you were on the '7 item diet' that you discribed? You must be consuming gluten at the time of the test for the results to be reliable.

Even then they are not that reliable.

gluten free dot com has a good forum ... you may want to check that out.

How are things going for you now??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page