Can I ingest Diatomaceous Earth while preggers? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-20-2008, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have just been reading up on food grade diatomaceous earth and how great it is for people and animals to have in their diet. Do you think it is okay to start taking it while pregnant? I am all excited to see how it works, but I suppose I could wait if I had too..

thanks for any info!
#2 of 5 Old 04-20-2008, 09:55 PM

I don't see how it would hurt? In some cultures pregnant women eat it in order to have healthy babies.
#3 of 5 Old 04-21-2008, 12:43 AM

I wouldn't think it an issue - we feed it to pregnant pigs all the time and they are very close to humans (body wise I mean). It is also in most of the foods that we eat anyways - any grains will almost certainly have it in trace amounts as it is used as an organic insectiside (don't worry it can't harm you - just bugs)
#4 of 5 Old 04-21-2008, 05:26 AM

what's it taken for?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#5 of 5 Old 04-21-2008, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

One question, it does help kill bacteria, so should I then take more probiotics or will it just all even itself out?

Here is a litte bit I found about it:
Food grade diatomaceous earth has been reported in scientific literature to absorb methyl mercury, e-coli, endotoxins, viruses (including poliovirus), organophosphate pesticide residues, drug resides, and protein, perhaps even the proteinaceous toxins produced by some intestinal infections. Food grade diatomaceous earth detoxes.

There are some features about food grade diatomaceous earth that correspond with its ability as both a digestive aid and a colon cleanser. The honeycomb skeletal form of diatomaceous earth is found, under microscopic evaluation to reveal a tendency to become filled and clogged with hard debris such as intestinal scale. Food grade diatomaceous earth has not been found to cause any insult to the mucousa or barrier wall.

Diatomaceous earth has a negative charge and bacteria has a positive charge, wherein it is believed by some that food grade diatomaceous earth sweeps bacteria out of the body by trapping it in it’s honeycomb shaped skeletal form.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page