A tad concerned for my daughter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-29-2008, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We went to our homeschooling meeting and when I got home with her she screamed until 2am. Not like her at all. She had a restless sleep.
For the next 3 days or so she had a fever. I didn't treat it until I got Aconitum Napellus on Sat. I gave her a bit of that. Since yesterday morning she hasn't had a fever. She is clammy. She had a huge poop this morning. I know she was constipated because she would arch her back and she is used to pooping a few times every day. She has been grunting and pushing. This is what I am concerned about.
She is sleepy. All she wants to do is sleep. Not only that if she is not sleeping she wants to be laying on me. She isn't a cuddly baby. She always likes to be sitting up and is excitable. She now only wants to lay her head down on me with her soother. She just lies there with her eyes open or she will fall asleep. She will maybe be happy for about 10 min before starting to cry and rub her eyes again. Don't get me wrong..I like it when she sleeps th_biggrin.gif but she is sleeping ALL THE TIME! Is it normal for her to be so groggy? I could never get her to sleep without nursing before and now she just falls asleep without it. Should I be taking her in? I would prefer no medical intervention but unsure how long this would be ok for??
Thanks
#2 of 3 Old 04-29-2008, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
She didn't get the oral vaccine or any other, right?

Why did you mention the homeschool meeting? Was she there by herself?

Just wondering how that could be the problem unless you are thinking she got infected there?
Did she eat something that is unusual for her at the meeting?
Could it be food poisoning?

If the above does not apply, it is probably a virus that she is fighting off.

But I am worried about her sleeping so much also.

How is she doing right now?

Maybe you should take her in to the doc and get his opinion. you don't have to medicate her no matter what he prescribes. you don't have to fill the script. Just get his opinion. I did that several times when my kids were growing up.
#3 of 3 Old 04-29-2008, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh I apologize. It has nothing to do with the homeschooling meeting. I posted this in my local parenting forums as well. I copied and pasted some of it.
My daughter that is sick is the 7 month old. She has not been vaccinated. If she were recently I would be extremely worried because of the blank stare but thank goodness that is not it. She seems to be a bit more alert this morning. I might bring her in today. Thank you for your response!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page