Menstrual Cup - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-15-2008, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello there, does anyone have any experience/thoughts on using a menstrual cup? I'm still nursing my 14 month old son but got my period back last night. It's been 2 years without one and now it's back - ICK! Anyway, I'm contemplating a cup: the keeper, moon cup or diva cup. Any personal experiences are greatly appreciated!
Jamie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 01:31 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but my mooncup worked for about 3 months. I have to look into another cup.

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
Old 05-15-2008, 04:06 AM

I really like my Diva Cup. I can't imagine how I survived so long without it. I feel it takes about 85% of the hassle away from having my period. My only gripe would be that it leaks when I don't put it in quite right but for the most part I am satisfied. I have no experience with the moon cup or keeper though.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:35 AM

I love my Diva cup. I think I've finally figured out how to use it so it doesn't leak. I still backup with a cloth pad though.

Working mama treehugger.gif to K energy.gif (2/2007) and A diaper.gif (6/2013). Expecting stork-suprise.gif EDD 10/7/2014.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:52 AM

I've tried a diva cup and a keeper. I've used a keeper for about 5 years, minus a pregnancy and 9 months pp, an experiment with the diva cup. I loved the diva cup until it seemed like it gave me something that felt like a yeast infection. I switched back to the keeper and have been happy with it. (in fact, I'm using it now! )

If you start using them post partum, do your kegels. You'll need good pelvic muscle tone to hold it in.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:13 AM

I've been using a Keeper for about 6 years now. I love it! It will leak if I have a very heavy flow and forget to empty it every couple hours, but otherwise I find it much more comfortable and easy to use than disposable products. The only thing I don't like is that it has started to smell pretty badly. I wash it well with soap after each cycle, and even gave it a long soak in oxy-clean this month, but it still stinks. I think I may have to buy another and retire this one. I'm interested to read other's opinions about the Diva cup and Moon cup (never heard of this one).

Judy mom to Dash (9), Corbin (7) and Will (3) :
Old 05-15-2008, 08:21 AM

I've been using the keeper for 4mnths. I use a cloth pad for backup, but I can't imagine going back to disposables!

Mom of 4 aspiring midwife "Friend"ly seeker
Old 05-15-2008, 09:05 AM

I heart my Diva cup! I've been using it for almost two years now and can't imagine anything else. It took a couple of months to really get comfortable with it, but it was sooooo worth it.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh I've tried with the diva cup. I just have been unsuccessful getting it to sit comfortably. I'm super aware of it the whole time & I almost ache after awhile with it.

I'm hoping after the baby it will work better.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 05-15-2008, 04:58 PM

You might want to head over to the Finding Your Tribe main forum and look for the "Diva Cup Users" thread. There are pages and pages... and pages... of info.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:01 PM

I have used a mooncup for about 2 years. It has never leaked and I can't feel it when it's in. Weirdly, I find my periods to be 1-2 days shorter when using it too, which is a bonus I guess! I would recommend it -I wish I had heard about cups sooner!
Old 05-15-2008, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I used the Keeper for about 8 years. It was fine. Then I got a Diva cup and I like it even better! There was one time when my cycle started when I was away from home and I had to use disposable products and I hated it - I will never go back.

User Tag List