Please *LOOK* --Red Thing on DD's Eyelid, What Is This? *PIC's* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 05-23-2008, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
noticed people mentioning ringworm and tick bite...

I don't think so... I've had both, more than once, generally ticks to bite and vacate, they stay put and eat till they burst! Typically they will latch onto places where they are hidden beneath hair or clothing. Thats no tick bite IMO.

As for the ringworm... (not actually a worm), it is typically a perfect circle of red spots... not an oval shape. I know, seems picky but, thats how I always had it and that is how other have always described it, doctors and people infected by it.

I still you this is something more of a skin irratation. Perhaps your kiddo could have rubbed something above her eye during sleep. Or maybe she had an irratation in her eye and rubbed it for a long period of time while in her car seat, laying down for a nap, etc...? If not, maybe allergy or reaction if on both eyes. If only one eye then probably not.

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#32 of 44 Old 05-23-2008, 11:21 PM

my husband has allergies and sometimes gets dry red patches like this around his eyes. for a while he used a salve made by herb pharm and it worked miracles. i believe it was the herbal ed's salve: http://www.herb-pharm.com/Products/oils_fs.html

as for ring worm, the outer edge has similarities, but it's true there is usually a whiteness to the center. when i had ringworm i used goldenseal powder. i added a little water to make a paste, and applied it regularly. it cleared it right up.

you could also make a compress of plantain leaves. you might even have some growing in your yard. it is a very common plant.

joy.gifjoy.giftwo great kids angel.gif x 6.  partners.gif happily married.cat.gifcat.gif

treehugger.gifnamaste.giftoddler.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gifdiaper.gifvbac.gif

#33 of 44 Old 05-24-2008, 11:43 AM

I really don't think it's ringworm. Really. It doesn't look like the presentation of ringworm aside from the shape of it. But I'm not a doctor.

If it is eczema i have seen huge successes with using shea butter on mine, my sisters and even my grandmother for many many years and it works like a charm. It's also a substitute for sunscreen so if you need to have her outdoors and want to prevent more irritation, this will help to protect it from the sun.
Chickweed is also VERY VERY helpful for eczema. You can sometimes find a salve with chickweed in shea butter, usually calendula is in it as well.

If it's not eczema, you can still try shea butter as it is soothing to all irritations and can not harm it.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

#34 of 44 Old 05-24-2008, 12:24 PM

I'd guess ringworm too, only because the eye area (along with mouth and nose) are commonly touched/rubbed areas.
#35 of 44 Old 05-24-2008, 12:41 PM

Yes my health food stores has something very similar to vaseline, but it isn't vaseline. works like a charm. It is by avalon organics. I'm not sure if you can put it by the eye though? maybe while sleeping?
#36 of 44 Old 06-05-2008, 12:17 AM

Bump!!!!!!!!
Update?
#37 of 44 Old 06-05-2008, 12:30 AM

My eczema looks like that, and it has been misdiagnosed as ringworm.

What incredible eyelashes!!!!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#38 of 44 Old 06-05-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingMe View Post
Dh lets her play with money...why? And yes she rubs her eyes.
DD developed an allergy to nickel when she was quite young from playing with coins a lot, and ended up with a nasty rash on her hands. I'd try to put the kibosh on any coin play if that's happening.

DD also had lots of eczema when she was young and it could sometimes look like that. We cleared it up with an elimination diet, which took months. It really can take a long time to clear an allergen out of your system and get rid of the symptoms.

Here's hoping it's not too itchy for her and that it clears up soon.
#39 of 44 Old 06-05-2008, 11:28 AM

Heh, this is crazy, but I have sorta the same thing going on with my eyelids, though it doesn't look that bad yet. I'm torn between ringworm and eczema (I have/have had both, many, many, too many times). When I clear it up, I'll let you know which treatment worked!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#40 of 44 Old 06-05-2008, 02:09 PM

That looks like yeast to me.
#41 of 44 Old 06-05-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingMe View Post
Dh lets her play with money...why? And yes she rubs her eyes.
I totally missed your answer.
I used to work in retail and made the mistake of rubbing my eye before washing my hands. I ended up with a seeping rash above my eye that looked like hamburger after a couple days :Puke

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#42 of 44 Old 06-05-2008, 11:50 PM

Bump.....again.......still no update from the OP............
#43 of 44 Old 06-05-2008, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for getting back to me. It was looking better on vacation but spreading outwards. We saw Dr. Sears yesterday and he thought it was a fungus and to use tea tree oil. Since we started it's looking better, but a little blotchy but I guess that's part of it going away. Hopefully it's gone soon. Looking back I think she got it at our one and only trip to gymboree class.
#44 of 44 Old 06-05-2008, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Just saw the post above mine....sorry it took me so long to update but we were out of town for quite some time (celebrating my bday).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page