Not sure where to put this ? about PP sex - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-13-2003, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 5 weeks post partum on Tuesday and DP and I had sex last night. I had stopped bleeding for the past few days and thought it was okay.
Number one, it hurt quite a bit.
Number two, I'm bleeding bright red now. Should I be worried, or did we just do it too soon and should lay off?
I hope I didn't damage something. I want more babies!
#2 of 5 Old 10-14-2003, 01:31 AM

Hope you're feeling better and have stopped bleeding. Bright red blood doesn't sound too good though, especially if it hurt. I'd go see my midwife/ob/gyn if it's still bleeding tomorrow, just to make sure nothing got bonked that shouldn't have been.

Good luck and maybe take it easy a little longer (ie. fool around like cautious teenagers )

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-14-2003, 01:54 AM

I second to go see the midwife/dr if you are bleeding bright red and you werent before. We waited until 8 weeks pp but even then it hurt the first time, ALOT! Hopefully it gets better for you really quick!

Desiree

#4 of 5 Old 10-14-2003, 02:00 AM

Same thing happened to me DreamsInDigital. Cept it was 26 days PP (almost 4 weeks)... Everything felt fine to me downstairs, but it hurt deeper inside (I did have an internal tear), but not a lot, so not exactly your situation, but I did have bright red bleeding, but mine stopped pretty quick (within 12 hours). I think we just irritated the internal tear, and we're gonna wait awhile longer...

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#5 of 5 Old 10-14-2003, 12:01 PM

Same thing happened to me and it turned out to be AF. Exclusively BF isn't guaranteed, if that's what you're doing. Some people are just more fortunate : than others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page