Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease Help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My children have hand foot mouth. I plan on sanitizing their toys and anything that they normally touch in hopes that I can keep the virus from getting worse. I will probably also just put some toys away so that I don't have loads to clean all of the time.

I have read that it can take 2 or so weeks after the blisters are gone for the virus to be totally gone so that we don't have to worry about reinfecting ourselves or spreading it to anyone else.

How long would you wait before going back to normalcy and getting together with other kids (friends)?

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#2 of 2 Old 07-10-2008, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ahhh yes, this sounds familiar. We had this same problem last month, I wrestled with it because we were exposed and caught it from a family who the mother thought because they had no more symptoms that the children were no longer contagious....

We decided up staying close to home for 2 weeks, the first week they were sick, the second we were just waiting. After that we went out but avoided babies, and other people that I really didn't want to pass it to if my children were still contagious. We went many to parks and things like that for the 3rd week.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page