it never ends. it never ever ends. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-13-2008, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I'm the one who only a few weeks ago had MUMPS. Vaxed adult women just don't GET mumps, right?

So here's the latest. Now I have Lyme's disease. It's early stage; I've got the rash now and realized it and so it'll likely be no big deal, except that the antibiotics are going to RUIN my gut.

But I'm just feeling so deafeated about my health. Having my twins ruined my body. In the last two years, I've had:
1. unexplained bell's palsy that thankfully went away after awhile
2. cholestasis (liver disease, multiples-pregnancy-related)
3. severe PUPPs that needed oral steroids.
4. diagnosed with ulcerative colitis that was uncontrolled for 15 months, thankfully now under control although with powerful drugs that meant I had to wean my toddlers too soon
5. mumps

and now Lyme's, nevermind that I had preterm twins by c-section.

And my wisdom teeth need to come out.

My body is falling apart.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#2 of 8 Old 07-13-2008, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Could you have had Lyme (not Lyme's) disease before? Bell's Palsy is a very common symptom.

I felt that way about my body after I had my third DC, it got better.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#3 of 8 Old 07-13-2008, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Nah, we found out after some research that bell's palsy happens sometimes in twin or higher-order multiple pregnancies because of the high levels of fluids and hormones and all that. The facial nerve swells just like everything else is swelling. I've got the bull's eye rash on my back right now, so this is from a recent bite apparently, though I never knew I was bitten.

I just wish I knew what I could do to rebuild some health. I can't even have my teeth done, although I badly need to, because I can't seem to stay well long enough to make it possible.

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#4 of 8 Old 07-13-2008, 08:29 PM

what is your diet like right now? do you take any supplements currently?

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#5 of 8 Old 07-13-2008, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

I'm on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet to control the colitis. I eat no grains and no dairy except aged cheese and homemade yogurt. I eat no sugars except honey. I eat fruits, most veggies but not starchy ones, meat and fish, eggs, some beans and some nuts, cold-pressed olive oil, and not much else.

I take a prescription probiotic that my GI doc recommended, and Coromega which technically isn't on my diet but it really makes me feel better. That's it. I am on immunosuppressant drugs for the colitis (the reason I weaned the twins) which is the reason I'm so vulnerable to infection.

#6 of 8 Old 07-14-2008, 11:57 PM

I would do high vitamin cod liver oil instead of the Coromega. You are probably very vitamin A deficient... there is evidence PUPPs is caused by vitamin A deficiency.
#7 of 8 Old 07-15-2008, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, that's a good thought about the Vt. A. I have been buying coromega mostly because I can give it to my preschooler too, since it tastes good to her. But maybe I need something different for me, you're right.

#8 of 8 Old 07-16-2008, 11:45 AM

I think she needs the vitamins too. There is evidence that the polyunsaturated fatty acids in CLO is damaging if not taken with full complement of vitamins A and D. Plus our modern diets are so high in unhealthy PUFA's from vegetable fats too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page