Help me treat/diagnose this "cold" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-15-2008, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help me, mamas. I am in pain here.

I felt kinda crummy all last week, but didn't really feel sick til Friday. Then by Sat I felt like death--shivery cold, then hot. I took my temp on Sunday and it was 99 something. So that explained the general icky feeling that made me only want to sleep and stay in bed. DH was great and let me nap most of the weekend but I felt so much better by Sunday night! I had finally taken an ibeprofen to help with the aches. I figured I was on the mend. Sunday I got almost no sleep-- DD (14mo) was stirring every hour or more b/c she was so stuffy. I knew she had been kinda sick, but she'd been sleeping okay. Monday she was super snotty and miserable. And I felt sicker and sicker as the day went on. I felt better in the afternoon but have felt dreadful since last night (I did get better sleep). And my THROAT!!! It is SO painful. I feel like I'm being strangled here. This huge super painful feeling, maybe going out to my ears a bit, and it's worse on one side right now.

I took some echinaccia but what else can I do? It's been four days now. I'm starting to think I'm going to have to go to the doctor and get a script, which I really don't want to do. DD seems a bit better today, and she's only been bugged by the snotty nose. Her cold seems totally different than mine! I don't want her to get any meds thru my milk if there's something else I can take. Should I take the hyland's for kids cold stuff I have? We got it and then saw it's for 2yrs and up, so we haven't given it to DD (altho I suspect that would be ok) but maybe I could take it? I feel like I'm stuck on this one symptom. If I had the money I'd go to a chiro to get the cold on the move. Any advice????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-15-2008, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

any one have recs on something I could take just for the throat pain? I went to the doc today who said it's not strep and gave me a script for in case it's getting worse instead of better in a few days... I REALLY need some pain relief or recs on what to drink/eat (honey I know,ice chips) b/c DD is still nursing a lot and I haven't eaten or even drunk much in the last 24 hours.... Will honey really work that well? I was trying to avoid sugars but if it;ll let me eat something.... DH is getting me tylonel and a juice smoothie, too... I am just dying here!
#3 of 3 Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 PM

IME the honey will help. Vitamin C and lots of it. Ibuprofen probably better than tylenol for its anti-inflammatory properties if you have it. Hope you feel better soon.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page