natural treatment for possible yeast infection for my 16 month old baby boy... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-06-2008, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my 16 month old son, may have a yeast infection on his penis and a friend reccomended both of us eating lots of yogurt and putting it on his penis. and then eating lots of greens like a smoothie with a pound of spinach and grapes and stuff like that to sweeten it. anyone have any luck with this type of thing or with something else if it is a yeast infection??
#2 of 7 Old 08-06-2008, 02:13 AM

I would just use antifungal cream......yeast in the diaper area is not uncommon and OTC antifungal cream clears it right up.....

DS1 March 2003DS2 Sept 2005,
and 3 , in our happy secular
#3 of 7 Old 08-06-2008, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

what would the name of an OTC anti fungal cream be. Like something i could buy at wal mart or something?? We live in a small town but i will be going shopping in the next town over tomorrow and they have a wal mart. Are you talking about like Monistat or something?

thanks
#4 of 7 Old 08-06-2008, 02:47 AM

Here is an article:

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articl...ast-infection/

And a quote from it:

"Treatment:
The treatment of a yeast infection is a topical anti-yeast or anti-fungal cream. Lotrimin AF, Nystatin or Monistat are some of the best out there and they can be picked up from any drugstore without a prescription.

As with all diaper rashes, keep the skin as clean and dry as possible, and allow to air whenever you can."

Good luck !

DS1 March 2003DS2 Sept 2005,
and 3 , in our happy secular
#5 of 7 Old 08-06-2008, 10:18 AM

OK - your title says 16 YEAR old baby boy - had to reconsider my response.
But yes, lotrimin or similar would work.
TTO would help a yeast infection (diluted, of course), but I'm not sure I would use it on one so young.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#6 of 7 Old 08-06-2008, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

lol, whoops!! I didn't even realize i had wrote 16 year old! Guess i was a little tired. and now i don't know how to change it. (firgured out how to change it!)

i bought some generic monistat today and i guess i will put it on tonight. am eating yogurt right now, hopefully it will cure right up. On another thread another person mentioned if it's not yeast and i put the monistat on it or apply it incorrectly it could cause a super bug or something like that, anyone know anything about this. I'm about 90% sure it's yeast. thanks so much
#7 of 7 Old 08-11-2008, 04:10 PM

i would opt for diaper-free time, sunlight (kills yeast), and acidopholous sprinkled on the offending area. Anti-fungals may kill some strains of yeast, but not all, so you're basically weeding out the weaklings and leaving the strong to re-colonize.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page