Toddler throwing up - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-10-2008, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Firstly Hello All! I'm new here.

Last night I woke up to my 16m old daughter puking on my head. I got up and took a shower with her, changed the sheets, got back in bed and it happened again a few minutes later. She seemed fine this morning, had her breakfast as usual. I took her and my niece and nephew to lunch today and right after she ate a little of hers she turned and threw up on my lap. She seems otherwise perfectly fine, no fever, runny nose or anything. I read somewhere it could be constipation causing it but she seems to be pooping as usual. Anyone have any ideas? She had mashed potatoes, roast beef, and green beans last night. Cheerios, fruit and yogurt for breakfast and was having a grilled peanut butter banana sandwich for lunch but i don't think it had anything to do with something she's eaten? Thanks so much!

-Whitney
#2 of 4 Old 08-10-2008, 03:53 PM

My best advice for throwing up is to let the child's stomach rest for two hours. Ice chips for hydrating if anything. Then after a few hours you can try water and coconut water is ideal for hydrating if you get worried about dehydrating.

As to why she is throwing up... can't say. If she doesn't seem interested in food don't push it for a while... sounds like her tummy has an issue and needs some rest.

If you end up feeling like its food poisoning and not just a bug, I've had great success with the homeopathic remedy "nux vomica" when I ate bad shrimp cocktail.
#3 of 4 Old 08-10-2008, 04:22 PM

Also, whenever there's throwing up, you should ease up on the hard to digest foods like dairy, beef, etc. Stick with toast, crackers, dry cheerios, etc. until her stomach settles down. It sounds like it's just a bug. Are there any that sound similar going around your neighborhood?

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog: www.kathysrecipebox.wordpress.com (no longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#4 of 4 Old 08-10-2008, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice momma and kjbrown. in hindsite after last night i really shouldn't have given her yogurt, etc. I nursed her after the first incident last night too- that may be why she threw up again. I think maybe it is just a little bug and her tummy needs a rest- she does seem a bit more tired than usual. Thanks again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page