I posted this in "allergies" but no one has responded and I'm getting concerned. The swelling is slowly getting worse (covering the entire right half of my face and spreading to the left) and I still have horrible joint pain and a headache.
I got stung by a bee yesterday right on my head. It HURT! It was towards the front and on the right hand side.
A few hours later I had a visible bump on my forehead and it was really sore. I kept ice on it until I fell asleep.
I woke up in the middle of the night and felt like I had the flu. Body aches, horrible headache, nausea (but no vomiting), etc.
This morning, I still feel flu-y and my eye is swollen.
Soooo... I looked it up online and apparently "flu-like" symptoms can be a systematic (and not common) reaction to bee stings.
Since I have never reacted like this before, I am concerned that I may be developing a more severe allergy to bees. (For the record, I have been stung on the head before and did not react like this at all)
Question: Could I be developing a more severe allergy?
Is this kind of reaction something that needs treatment - I read some things that talked about kidney involvement and other internal organ damage
Should I consider getting an epi-pen?
Has this ever happened to any of you?