"It looks like you tried to kill me with your [reproductive organ]!!" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The last two times my DP and I DTD, I start to bleed during, although we don't notice until after. It's a lot of blood, and it's fresh (bright red). WTF?!?

I've had a weird cycle lately, and I didn't ovulate until day 25, although my cycles are kinda wonky since I've started ovulating again after DD's birth. At about the time of ovulation was the first time this bleeding happened, and I thought that I just had an anovulatory cycle, but my temps jumped, and two days later the bleeding abruptly stopped. I don't normally bleed during ovulation. Just tonight it happened again, during sex. It's not particularly vigorous or out of the ordinary, and I'm not having any pain. Just a lot of BLOOD.

Does anybody have any insight/explanations/advice?

Wife to dh and mommy to dd1 (3/07), ds (1/10), and dd2 (any day now)!

#2 of 15 Old 08-13-2008, 10:50 PM

My first thought was irritated cervix. Maybe a spot on it that has a nodule or something like that. Does your cervix feel nice and smooth when you touch it?

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 15 Old 08-13-2008, 11:00 PM

When was your last Pap smear?
#4 of 15 Old 08-13-2008, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
My first thought was irritated cervix. Maybe a spot on it that has a nodule or something like that. Does your cervix feel nice and smooth when you touch it?
Yes, it's smooth. I've had the little cysts that the author of TCOYF talks about, and they go away quickly, without bleeding. None in the last couple of weeks, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supakitty View Post
When was your last Pap smear?
Last September. I have an appt for this sept. do you think i should reschedule sooner?

#5 of 15 Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 AM

I think you might consider going in sooner if this problem persists. I may be something like a uterine polyp or fibroid that is protruding from the os of the cervix and causing bleeding. Those things tend to bleed A LOT when irritated.
#6 of 15 Old 08-14-2008, 09:28 AM

A couple of years ago I was bleeding/spotting after sex. I went to my OB/GYN and he sent me for a vaginal ultrasound. It showed I had uterine polyps. I had to have them removed.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#7 of 15 Old 08-14-2008, 09:59 AM

I had intermenstrual spotting about six months after a normal pap smear. The nurse making the appointment actually mocked me a bit about overreacting and worrying over nothing. I sort of think that the doc only agreed to see me and repeat my pap as a courtesy because I'm in the medical field.

I had early cervical cancer. Go figure.

Turned out fine, but...wow.
#8 of 15 Old 08-18-2008, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
A couple of years ago I was bleeding/spotting after sex. I went to my OB/GYN and he sent me for a vaginal ultrasound. It showed I had uterine polyps. I had to have them removed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed View Post
I had intermenstrual spotting about six months after a normal pap smear. The nurse making the appointment actually mocked me a bit about overreacting and worrying over nothing. I sort of think that the doc only agreed to see me and repeat my pap as a courtesy because I'm in the medical field.

I had early cervical cancer. Go figure.

Turned out fine, but...wow.
YIKES.

It could also be PID. I didn't put 2 + 2 together when I first posted, but I've noticed over the last few weeks that I've also had abdominal tenderness (like when my toddler climbs all over my lap and puts pressure on my lower abdomen). At first I chalked it up to a full bladder or maybe gas, but I realize now that it's neither of those things.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. I hope it's nothing. If it is some kind of infection, I need to take antibiotics, and I'm worried about bf'ing, because I know the abx protocol for PID is kind of iffy with bf'ing. And if it's any of the other things...well, I'm a little freaked!

#9 of 15 Old 08-18-2008, 02:20 PM

Good luck! I had this happen and it was from a polyp. When they went to swab it to test it, the polyp fell off! Problem solved! I hope it is something simple for you!
#10 of 15 Old 08-19-2008, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I went to the doc today. Not pregnant (which I already knew). She said my left ovary is larger than my right ovary, which may be normal, but also may be abnormal, so I have to schedule an ultrasound. Also, she said my cervix was irritated and bleeding, so that could be the source of all the blood. She did say that there didn't appear to be any lesions. Took a pap, will have the results soon.

That's all I've got so far.

#11 of 15 Old 09-03-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiko View Post
Took a pap, will have the results soon.

That's all I've got so far.
How did it go, Fujiko?

I hope you're ok.

I have just been diagnosed with cervical cancer myself, after having the same symptoms.
#12 of 15 Old 09-19-2008, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry that it has taken so long to reply, as I didn't realize that you had posted.
nak
both the pap and the pelvic ultrasound came back negative, thank god.
Since then, everything has been normal. But I'm so glad i got it checked out.

I'm so sorry, rabbitmum. How are you doing? I'm sending you good vibes for a full recovery!

#13 of 15 Old 09-20-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiko View Post
I'm sorry that it has taken so long to reply, as I didn't realize that you had posted.
nak
both the pap and the pelvic ultrasound came back negative, thank god.
Since then, everything has been normal. But I'm so glad i got it checked out.

I'm so sorry, rabbitmum. How are you doing? I'm sending you good vibes for a full recovery!
Thank you! I have spent the past two weeks in hospital being examined and having blood transfusions after several episodes with heavy bleeding. It turned out there is a tumor actually protruding from my cervix, it has placed itself onto a vein which keeps bursting open. :-( I have to go through seven weeks of radiation and chemotherapy to get rid of it! The doctors say i will most likely get completely well, but this is the scariest thing I have ever experienced. I'm constantly kicking myself as to why I didn't have a pap smear after my two-year-old was born!
#14 of 15 Old 09-20-2008, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitmum View Post
Thank you! I have spent the past two weeks in hospital being examined and having blood transfusions after several episodes with heavy bleeding. It turned out there is a tumor actually protruding from my cervix, it has placed itself onto a vein which keeps bursting open. :-( I have to go through seven weeks of radiation and chemotherapy to get rid of it! The doctors say i will most likely get completely well, but this is the scariest thing I have ever experienced. I'm constantly kicking myself as to why I didn't have a pap smear after my two-year-old was born!
D: Oh no! That sounds awful. But I'm glad that the doctors are saying you'll be ok, the silver lining in this terrible situation!

Don't beat yourself up over the missed pap. I skipped mine too. I think a lot of people do.

My dh and I dtd last night and I started bleeding again. This is definitely weird, and I'm going to talk to my doc about it again next week at my yearly. Something's not right. This isn't normal. The doc I saw last month just said that my cervix was "irritated". But she didn't say what was causing it. Hmm.

#15 of 15 Old 09-20-2008, 06:40 PM

Weird question, but are you sure it's your blood and not your partner's? If you aren't using condoms it could be coming from him.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page