Need good info on 5HTP, L-teurine supplements and Same for anxiety, sleep and mild depression - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 08-24-2008, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone very knowledgeable??? Want to share?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-24-2008, 10:48 PM

Get the book The Mood Cure by Julia Ross. It has great info on how to use amino acids and get relief from anxiety and depression. I cannot recommend it enough!

Jen

Love your neighbor. Say yes to vax.
#3 of 3 Old 08-25-2008, 12:54 AM

Ross's book is awesome.

I also highly recommend info on Amanda's website: www.rebuildfromdepression.com esp. the cod liver oil.

I bet you you are vitamin D deficient as well. I cannot tell how what a difference bumping up my CLO intake to 3,000 IU of D or more a day made in my mental outlook during a very difficult time in my life. I was low in D by blood testing. Most people are deficient. Even studies done on Hawaiians with 20 hours of sun exposure show half are still deficient!

Babymaking also vastly depletes our omega 3's, already very low on a modern diet. Several studies have been done on the link with fatty acids and depression, and again our modern diet is extremely high in omega 6's which cause an imbalance.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page