Childhood leukemia? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 10-01-2008, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know nothing is "the cure" and I am no doctor.. however, my dad had cancer (not leukemia) and I bought this book called Beating Cancer with Nutrition by Patrick Quillin. Regardless of what therapy she does, there are some good points to consider in nutrition and how important maintaining a healthy eating style and keeping healthy weight during this chapter in her life. I learned a lot from this book and passed on the info to my dad who would never read it. Between chemo, radiation and healthy eating.. he is still around 3 years later. Good luck to her and your family.
#32 of 35 Old 10-01-2008, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've made a MySpace page for Kharma. Please add her for your friend and feel free to suggest to your friends adding her if they want. The more people who know about her, the more people can help her.

Prayers For Kharma

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#33 of 35 Old 10-01-2008, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am going to add her! My name is Joy on there, so tell her Hi from me and I am always thinking of her.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#34 of 35 Old 10-06-2008, 08:15 PM

I don't know much about it but I read somewhere that Mothers milk dramatically helped a elderly man with Lukemia. If you know a donor, I'm sure it couldn't hurt to try.

2 Perfect  uc.jpg births!.    h20homebirth.gif.signcirc1.gifsaynovax.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
3 babes in heaven angel.gif, 3 boys on earth. Planning UC #3 !!! Jesus is my Lord praying.gif

#35 of 35 Old 10-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Sorry HarleyHalfMoon, I haven't been online for a long time as you already made mention of. I probably have nothing new to offer you, but here is what I do know.

Right now I'm actually with the guru (at least my guru) of cancer knowledge. So I just asked Lisa your question. Her answer is that they will they will have to give chemo to the spinal column on top of regular chemo for ALL. I guess 10% of leukemic patients this occurs in. It does mean that the chances of recovery are less. But it is treatable.

As for what the doctor said. I don't want to be pessimistic so I'm going to say that all dr's are different and some dr's want to prepare their patients for the worst. But honestly we didn't actually hear to prepare ourselves for Caiden's passing until the second relapse happened. Though we all "knew" when he relapsed the first time that his chances of survival were slim. Because of that I'm surprised that the drs are already saying that. To be honest, from what you have told me about your neice all the stats (except for the spinal column cancer) are in her favor. And even that doesn't mean its not curable.
I know its hard but try to be positive. But at the same time, live your life without any regrets, so if the worst does happen... well you know what I'm saying.
I'm sure this post is very disjointed, for that I apologize.
You and your family is in my thoughts.
Take care

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page