I Broke My Bladder: Inducing Interstitial Cystitis - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 07-27-2009, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Bumping. Amazing what salicylates can do to a body.

Pat

Or lack of molybdenum/sulfur. We tested him for molyb and he is low so we are supplementing that for now. May try MSM. Zinc too which I cannot believe given his amazing diet. Have yet to do copper.
#32 of 33 Old 07-27-2009, 02:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneS View Post
Or lack of molybdenum/sulfur. We tested him for molyb and he is low so we are supplementing that for now. May try MSM. Zinc too which I cannot believe given his amazing diet. Have yet to do copper.
Have I ever mentioned how much supplemental zinc my kids are getting? 25-30mg/day, been doing this for quite a while now, and DD still seems to have subtle low zinc symptoms, and when DS got 50 ant bites in the spring, within a week he started mouthing things. I think the extra detoxification work (Texas -> fire ants -> toxin to get rid of) pushed him from borderline low to low.

Can I ask, did you use the taste product in your siggy? I was just reading the link, I've read of that idea before, it's intriguing.
#33 of 33 Old 12-26-2009, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Update for the record: DS's zinc blood level was fine but copper level was twice as much (meaning he needs more zinc).

Magnesium and other supplements are certainly helping him tolerate some low-to-moderate sal foods. We had been doing mag. by mouth for a long time and since we've moved to baths (transdermal) this year, I can see that is a much better method of delivery. I had already been taking much more mag. than he did (I applied oil to skin in addition to baths but his sensitive skin couldn't tolerate magnesium oil or gel). It certainly appears to boost my salicylate tolerance the more I could saturate my body. Although my tolerance at this point is certainly not unlimited. I can feel bladder twinges whenever I overdo it (Applegate Farms pepperoni!)

So I'm certainly convinced at this point interstitial cystitis is salicylate intolerance (and the presence of nutrient deficiencies so the body cannot properly process salicylates).

So I'm Bumping This Thread:
Anyone with interstitial cystitis try the FAILSAFE diet?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page