Head cold with jaw pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-23-2008, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been fighting off a cold for a few days. Last night it got me. I have a stuffed up nose, sinus pain, throat pain, headache, and jaw pain. This last symptom is not one I normally have. Any advice for easing it? I put white flower oil on it last night, but I don't think it helped.
#2 of 6 Old 09-23-2008, 03:06 PM

My first impression when you said jaw pain was "sinus". I would say that whatever you are doing for the relief of sinus pressure/headache would also relieve that. Its all related you know? Maybe try not to think of it as a seperate experience.

My teeth used to hurt when I would get a sinus infection. I actually went to the dentist for it once (a long time ago) because I swore I had many cavities but nope!

This is a personal choice (obviously) but I don't hesitate to take stronger medication when natural stuff isn't cutting it. Its all about balance IMO.
GL!
#3 of 6 Old 09-23-2008, 03:19 PM

The sinuses actually run down the side of your jaw from your ears. This is why sometimes you'll end up with a "stuffed up" feeling in your ears when you're sick.
It sounds like you caught the same thing I did this weekend. I was horribly miserable.
I hope you're feeling better soon.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#4 of 6 Old 09-24-2008, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm better today.

Thank you for your responses.

I don't know if the jaw pain was sinus stuff or achy body stuff; it was like the muscles of my jaw were tight.

I was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep last night...I resorted to aspirin, which I rarely do. I took one at midnight, and still couldn't sleep. I took another at one o'clock and was asleep by 1:30. I slept until my 18 month old woke me at 6:30.

Being sick with small children to care for is so awful! Thankfully dd slept 8 hours straight last night for the first time probably since she was 5 months old!

Thanks again! I am a new woman today.
#5 of 6 Old 09-25-2008, 07:39 PM

Yea its super tough caring for kids when your sick. Days like that I wish MDC weren't a virtual community so we could all pitch in and help each other. Glad you are feeling better!
#6 of 6 Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 PM

It *is* really hard to be sick when you're the primary child care provider for your family, especially when you have a whole house to look after on top of it (which most mothers do).
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page