Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what does sup's mean?
#3 of 7 Old 09-27-2008, 05:52 PM

I've known a lot of people who have had success with Chantix (and a couple who didn't). An online forum, like quitnet.com is helpful for some people as well. It will keep track of how much $$ you've saved by not smoking, how many days, hours, etc., you've been a non-smoker. But the biggest motivator is probably how badly your dad wants to quit smoking. Lots of support and encouragement, and understanding when he's grumpy or whatever.
#4 of 7 Old 09-28-2008, 01:01 PM

I've heard that licorice is quite helpful. Licorice root tea and/or chewing on a piece of the root...this can help with the oral habit as well.
#5 of 7 Old 09-28-2008, 06:59 PM

Supposedly lobelia is helpful. Check it out. I found it mildly helpful when I tried to quit some years ago but not enough to actually make me quit. I just wasn't ready.
Honestly, that's what it boils down to: being ready. I've been quit almost 4 months now. (Hoping for another 4)

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#6 of 7 Old 09-28-2008, 08:32 PM

You have to be careful with real licorice because it can cause high blood pressure.
#7 of 7 Old 10-01-2008, 12:33 AM

I don't really have any supplement ideas to give you, but I will say as someone who is celebrating a 9 month anniversary smoke-free TODAY!! (Quit last new year's eve), this is what helped me.

I read a book called "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. (There are many positive reviews on Amazon). I know it sounds cheesy, but it worked for me. Yes, I really wanted to quit badly. I had gotten to a place of feeling desperate to quit. Perhaps the mindset I was in helped the book to work even more. I dunno.

But so far I've been free 9 months. And it's not a struggle in the way it was the countless number of times I tried to quit in the past.

Hope that is helpful to you.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page