eyebrite or help for eye irritation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-08-2002, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know about the dosage for eyebrite? My ds has an eye irritation complete with oozing and redness. I want to try the eyebrite compresses or drops before going to the dr. I

I heard that it may be toxic in large doses...anyone?

Also any other suggestions for eye irritations/infections would be greatly appreciated.

thanx in advance
Miche
#2 of 4 Old 04-08-2002, 11:27 AM

Eyebright has astringent,anti-inflammatory properties that are useful if inflammation seems to be in the eyelid area.You'd want to bathe eyes in a diluted tincture:5-10 drops in half cup of water.If you can give a bit more info as to where the area of the eye that's sore is,I can suggest a remedy as well.Hope it helps!!!
#3 of 4 Old 04-08-2002, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

saige -

thanks for the quick reply - his upper eyelid seems to be swollen but only after he's been sleeping for awhile. It started in one eye - oozing some yellowish gunk and a bit swollen. that cleared up and now the other eye is a bit bloodshot and swollen and oozing upon awakening.

I am trying to avoid the dr. although i am worried it may be pink eye - i am hoping it is just a viral infection. We also used pulisilla for a homeopathy remedy. Any other suggestions would be appreicated.

Thanx
Miche
#4 of 4 Old 04-08-2002, 02:51 PM

A couple months ago we all had eye irritation kids had gunk stuff coming out and were really red. I think i actually had pink eye. We used eyebright tea bags and i use eyebright eye drops in my eyes and we all recovered nicely We used the tea bags couple times a day.
HTH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page