the 'I may be in labor' thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2008, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just came from seeing the midwife and am 2 cm, 70% effaced. She said I have "a very good chance of going early." Yay!!!!! Having lots of contractions, and baby is really far down, so I guess now I just wait....:

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2008, 11:49 PM

Sunday night after work, I get into the car, and the radio is on - the very first lyrics I heard was "She was born on a Tuesday night" from "Everyday is a winding road" by Sheryl Crow, so I convinced myself I'll have the baby (a girl) tonight. This is looking unlikely, since it's quarter to 9 p.m. now and no sign of anything happening!

Maybe next week, but I don't want a baby to have to have a birthday so close to Christmas!
Old 12-18-2008, 12:22 AM

great, now i want to listen to sheryl crow. thanks, betsy.

so, i am wondering if this is the beginning of labor. i have been having fairly consistent contractions this evening, and they do not stop when laying down, but they are not particularly strong, just like "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh." it feels like a menstrual cramp, and radiates into my back and legs a bit. anyway, i just came downstairs, turned on the television, got a little notebook, and am going to write down the times. you know, just in case. a good bloody show would be a nice sign.

: i might meet my daughter soon.

married to my best friend sam sahm to beatrice (04/07) and mourning lucia, born still 12/22/08
Old 12-18-2008, 11:44 AM

Yep, still nothing from me. My BH are mild and baby is still high. The only good news was that as of Friday I'm 75% effaced and 1cm dilated already. But, we all know that I could stay that way for weeks. Oh, and I'm really ready for my nesting instinct to kick in! My house could use some help!

Emily, happily married for 9 years, , Graeme 1/9/09, due 10/10, 8/07, and lovin' all over my 3 licky :
Old 12-18-2008, 12:11 PM

I definately don't think I'm in labor or anything...but this seemed like the best place for my post. I've been having BH contractions for months. They've always been painless, but are picking up with intensity and frequency. I have a ton every night. Hmm..night labor for me again?

In the past few days the BH contractions are "uncomfortable"--not painful--and they wrap around my back. Never had that before in previous pregnancies.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 12-18-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post
In the past few days the BH contractions are "uncomfortable"--not painful--and they wrap around my back. Never had that before in previous pregnancies.
Maybe baby is posterior and it's a sign of back labor? The same has been happening with me and I'm pretty sure I'm feeling hands and feet in the front, meaning posterior baby. *sigh* That's the last thing I need--bad position is why Lilly was too hard for me to get out

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Old 12-19-2008, 12:32 AM

I feel like I'm leaking fluid. I'm off to the hospital to find out....unfortunately I have to wait for a ride cause it's snowing and I don't trust myself to drive in it
Old 12-19-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyMissLizzy View Post
I feel like I'm leaking fluid. I'm off to the hospital to find out....unfortunately I have to wait for a ride cause it's snowing and I don't trust myself to drive in it
Good luck! And don't worry, you should have plenty of time, as worrisome as it might be at only 36 weeks.

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Old 12-19-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xakana View Post
Maybe baby is posterior and it's a sign of back labor? The same has been happening with me and I'm pretty sure I'm feeling hands and feet in the front, meaning posterior baby. *sigh* That's the last thing I need--bad position is why Lilly was too hard for me to get out
I agree with this. DS was posterior and DD is hanging out in the same place he was towards the end. I guess the right side of my uterus must be one comfy place, and I feel lots of hand/foot movement, just like with him. My BH this time around definitely involve my back so I'm unfortunately feeling the posterior vibe :. Guess I need to go look into spinning babies or whatever it is since I know I won't get any assistance in labor with this.

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
Old 12-19-2008, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xakana View Post
Good luck! And don't worry, you should have plenty of time, as worrisome as it might be at only 36 weeks.
Thanks.

BUT it was a false alarm

apparently it was just some watery blood/mucous. Prob from my cervix check today.

Of course it got me stressing about the real thing and if hubby is going to make it home on time. I PRAY that I go into labor on one of his days off.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ugh.. I've been having tough, painful contractions just about every day this week. I'm probably about 2-3cm (self check) and very, very squishy and elastic-y, so chances are this will be an early baby.

Midwife appt Tuesday... if she holds out that long!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Here I go again:

38 weeks this coming Friday, so I guess it could be it..

I've lost my mucus plug and I've been having light contractions on and off.

However

I had a garlic clove inserted last night and the night before last (GBS+) and I'm not sure if that's a factor. Called my MW and she's also not sure so we'll see where this goes.

I felt well enough to clean my kitchen, so what does that mean?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:28 PM

I hope it is the real deal!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
I felt well enough to clean my kitchen, so what does that mean?
It means GOOD LUCK and Happy labor vibes! (whenever it happens)

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Old 12-23-2008, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Well nothing's happened. Occasional light contraction still, discharge still, but that's about it.

The way I'm going, I'm gonna be 44 weeks, still posting to this thread...
Old 12-23-2008, 01:42 AM

I'm still hanging in there. Still working full time. Still hoping baby will hold off until after Christmas, but not too much after! LOL!

Lots of llooooooowwww pressure. MW appt. tomorrow morning! She was pretty convinced I'd have this baby the weekend of 12/12 though!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:17 AM

Am getting ready for our DD of 1/1 and started doing last min research..found this site and would love to join in for support. This is our first and I am so nervous. Had appt today and am 50% effaced. Dr said she'll let me go til the 13th though before inducing. I'm ready now thought. Wish there was something I could do to get this baby moving.:
Old 12-23-2008, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome, welcome! :

There's no need t talk about pit induction, there are plenty of alternatives! Annnd, some babies just take longer to cook!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:22 PM

Welcome New Years Baby! Is this #1 for you?

chicken3.gif Christian SAHM to DS 3/04, DS 1/06, and DD 1/09 and expecting a new little one in May 2012 selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif 

Old 12-24-2008, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

this may be it for me ladies - I've had 2 hours of really strong regular contractions, plenty of back labor (thank you, posterior baby! now turn!), much more 'real' feeling than before. my water hasn't broken yet though....

i wish i'd gotten a few more hours sleep though.. as usual
Old 12-24-2008, 11:29 AM

: to you Serena and WELCOME NewYearsBaby

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
Old 12-24-2008, 05:26 PM

Sending you good wishes, Serena--maybe you have met your little one in person by now! And welcome NYB--I am getting nervous, too!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:56 PM

Serena! I hope this is the real deal and you are enjoying your little one!

I had sporadic contractions on Monday and Tuesday and zilch today. I didn't leave the house yesterday and got a little stir crazy. I left to go pick up my favorite soup as a treat and drove past my doctor's office. I was this close to popping in and demanding that she strip my membranes. But I don't want to be one of those bossy pregnant women. So I refrained.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 PM

Sending you Serena some "turning baby" vibes : - ugh to that back labor!! and I hope you can get some much needed zzzzzzzz soon if this is the real deal

Welcome NewYearsBaby!!! :

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 12-24-2008, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

I'm officially out of this thread. Lotsa love for the rest of you guys!
Old 12-25-2008, 04:20 AM

Lucky Serena! Congrats!

I thought for sure yesterday was the day. I've been having contractions off and on pretty regularly since my placental abruption last Wednesday. Monday night I was contracting every 7 minutes, up until 10:30... and then everything stopped. Then all day yesterday, contractions were first 7 minutes apart, then 5 minutes apart, getting painful and pinchy, and then everything stopped. I went from 2 to 3 cm, but that's about it...

Of course, I'm not allowed to get out of bed, so I can't really walk around and get things really moving. (although I do march in place while in the shower ) I suppose it's better for the baby to have another week to cook anyways... but I'm just so excited to meet him! And I'm sick of hospital food!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:21 AM

Merry Christmas everyone! I thought maybe I just couldn't sleep due to the excitement of the day....but I think I may be in labor. How's this for timing?! I'm drinking a glass of water and sitting down, but I have a sneaky feeling this is it. I'm having a hospital birth, so I'd rather she'd waited another day, but babies come at their pleasure, don't they?

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
Old 12-25-2008, 10:32 AM

false alarm...I got my dh up at 5, ctrx were 2 min apart! We called my mom, she came over, I sat down on the couch, and nothing. Still having ctrx, but just sporadically. Merry Christmas everyone!

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
Old 12-25-2008, 10:49 AM

Congratulations, Serena!

Melissa- You never know...you may have a Christmas baby yet!

I was feeling "weird" and crampy last night. I have been for 3 days really. For some reason I just really had this feeling that it was possible that today really could be it. I should know better! My first two babies were "late." I don't have much reason other than desire that this one will be different! It's just as well that I'm not feeling crampy and many BH's this morning. If this baby were born on Christmas, I'd have to name her after my Grandpa who was born on Christmas day--and that was not the plan.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 12-25-2008, 01:57 PM

Congrats Serena!!

Melissa - Well at least at this point you won't be stuck in the hospital on Christmas. Maybe soon though.

Comforts of Home Midwifery

User Tag List