the 'I may be in labor' thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I figure we're going to have quite a few of these kinds so why not start a whole thread on it?

I'm 37 weeks today, eligible for my birthcenter birth though the hb logistcs haven't been worked out. I might be in labor - been having contractions all night and they've not gone away this morning. We'll see where this leads...
#2 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 12:11 PM

Sending you happy baby vibes and if you are in labor.. vibes for a great labor!!

:

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#3 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 12:56 PM

ooooooo, how exciting! i am 37 weeks today too. i had a 'i think i'm in labor" thing a couple nights ago, where i vomited, and lost part of the plug, though no bloody show, and contractions, but i fell asleep and all was well in the morning. still have this sneaky feeling it will be in the next week.

anyway, sending you much : and : for a good labor if that's what this is, and much rest if it is not.

married to my best friend sam sahm to beatrice (04/07) and mourning lucia, born still 12/22/08
#4 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 02:09 PM

Great idea for a thread. Best of luck to you! I'm 37 weeks on Monday! :

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#5 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 02:10 PM

So exciting!!! Sending happy and positive vibes your way!!! :

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#6 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 02:36 PM

oooh!! exciting!!!
I'll be 37 weeks on Tuesday - whoopee!! although - baby better wait until after next friday!!
#7 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 03:17 PM

Yay!! So exciting!!!

I'm 37 next week....which coincides with my OB returning from vacation.....so hoping to not even start having thoughts about labor until after then!!

Just in case though, our bag is packed and carseat is in place! \o/

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#8 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSoup View Post
Yay!! So exciting!!!

I'm 37 next week....which coincides with my OB returning from vacation.....so hoping to not even start having thoughts about labor until after then!!

Just in case though, our bag is packed and carseat is in place! \o/
Aww you're lucky your OB is just coming back from vacation, after next week mine is going to be on vacation for 2 weeks. So weeks 38 & 39 should prove quite interesting for us

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#9 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 04:55 PM

Dude, you people are freaking me out! I'm not ready to think about labor yet! This baby needs to send me a telepathic message or something that it will stay INSIDE for another month! I'm 36 weeks now and getting pretty skittish about the whole thing... FTM fears and all...
*gulp*

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#10 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 05:33 PM

I'll be 37 weeks Sunday, and was SHOCKED yesterday when my MW said I was 80% and 3 cms dilated. SHOCKED, I tells ya.

BEFORE Christmas? I'm going to have a baby NEFORE Christmas? Shocked!

The signs are there though. baby seems to have dropped some, so there's less heartburn. I've been having lots of mucusy discharge. I haven't really had many BH, but I never had any with DD1.
#11 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am hoping not yet. I am 37 wks on Christmas day. Baby is VERY low and I am having a lot of braxton hicks. My MW said to take it easy and no going for walks or lifting anything heavy. I literally feel like I am sitting on his head.
I am just hoping anytime after Christmas.
#12 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Well I slept and I drank a bunch and took my minerals and tings seem to have slowed down though I'm exhausted. *Exhausted* This is probably not real labor.

DH got home early and took DD to the playground and I'm so grateful. She's been so bored and because of that destructive at home and I just don't have the energy to deal.
#13 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel616 View Post
Dude, you people are freaking me out! I'm not ready to think about labor yet! This baby needs to send me a telepathic message or something that it will stay INSIDE for another month! I'm 36 weeks now
I am so with you. I don't want a Christmas baby or even a December baby.

Comforts of Home Midwifery

#14 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 09:21 PM

I hope you get some rest quietserena

I'm 37 wks on Monday too. I woke up with painful contractions last night. They came about every 10 minutes or so and lasted about 1-1/2 hrs. I'm not ready to have this baby yet. I still have to get to my grandma's funeral! I willed the baby to stay put and eventually fell back asleep. I woke up in the morning with a contraction but there's been no action since. Thank God! I do feel like I'm sitting on the baby's head though. I really, really want to make it to January!
#15 of 81 Old 12-12-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockportmidwife View Post
I am so with you. I don't want a Christmas baby or even a December baby.
Me either! This one has to wait till Jan. Myself, DH, and DD are all Jan, its only right for this one to wait till then too!!

I don't see myself going early, although this baby is crazy low, which DD never was, and Ive have a lot more BH than I did before, but I'm measuring right on or a little behind, so I would like this baby to full bake! DD was a terrifically average 7lbs 14 oz, so I worry if this one came too soon, it would be a bit little. I just pray for average..... goes well with natural birth tee hee

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#16 of 81 Old 12-13-2008, 12:28 AM

It's a full moon tonight so I hope you get to take advantage of it!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#17 of 81 Old 12-13-2008, 12:29 AM

So excited to see this thread! I have no expectation of anything happening soon, but I love love love that January babies are on their way soon. It gives me butterflies.
#18 of 81 Old 12-13-2008, 01:15 PM

I'm so jealous of you ladies, I'm only 31 weeks.

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#19 of 81 Old 12-13-2008, 01:20 PM

I'm hoping this LO stays put for a while! I had my first check yesterday, at 35 weeks, and I was already 75% and 1cm. I know that means absolutely nothing, but I was really hoping to hear I was still thick and closed. I really want a January baby, and I'd prefer to go a little late. I have patients scheduled baby, help me out and stay put!!!

Emily, happily married for 9 years, , Graeme 1/9/09, due 10/10, 8/07, and lovin' all over my 3 licky :
#20 of 81 Old 12-13-2008, 01:39 PM

I don't think I'm in labor, but contractions woke me up at 8 this morning (I was planning to get up early, but at 11, not 8!) and they're actually coming pretty frequently, which isn't normal for me in the morning.

37 weeks, 1 day here and feeling quite ready to have a baby--just not today, today I'm too busy

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#21 of 81 Old 12-13-2008, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

My house isn't clean enough to have a baby! I told DH he had to get crackin' cause most of the cleaning is stuff htat needs to be picked up off the floor and there's no way I'm doing that.

Ok, so things were pretty much fine and then today I didn't get to eat a meal until noonish (had snacks) and then tried to put DD to sleep and this always takes nursing and this set off another bout of contractions. Once she was asleep, I had a bunch of water and a mashed sweet potato (hellooooo heartburn!) and everything got better.

Things seem to have calmed down for the moment, but I'm starting to wonder if this isn't slow labor that'll speed up when the time comes...
#22 of 81 Old 12-13-2008, 06:56 PM

well as for me, I'm 35 weeks and was convinced 2 nights ago that my water broke. . .nope turns out I just peed my pants a little bit!!! LOL We went all the way to the midwife to have her tell me that. Oh well! I have a sneaking suspiscion that after that drama we will have no more signs of labor until she's, oh, 42 weeks! Though she is pretty low and measuring a week ahead, but the midwife checked me and said I was, and I quote, "shut, not open, and closed." MY cervix is very soft though, whatever that means. I've been having BH now and then but nothing serious. We were so excited for me to get to 35 weeks and were like, yay, let's have a baby now!! (35 weeks is the cut off for when we can have her at our birthing center and not have to go to the big hospital), but when we thought my water broke we were like. . .oh crap! Not ready!
#23 of 81 Old 12-15-2008, 06:17 PM

Had an appt today and was pleased but surprised to find out that the worse than usual BHs and weird pinchy cervix feelings may be a very slow start to labor--1 cm 50% effaced--pleased bc the little guy is measuring 40 weeks already (I know it's inaccurate, but my family tends to have fully cooked babies at 37 weeks, so I've been wondering if that would happen again to me), and I'm really getting ready for him to come. Doing some more Xmas shopping tonight--will see if that helps things along. And my DH has volunteering to make the sacrifice of donating some proglastins, bless his heart. LOL.
#24 of 81 Old 12-16-2008, 01:26 AM

Just had our appointment too! I'm 36 weeks.....and they couldn't even find my cervix. So this baby isn't coming any time soon. I'm so ready to meet her....but since this means no Christmas baby for us, I'm happy. Should be after the first for sure.

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#25 of 81 Old 12-16-2008, 01:40 AM

I was convinced at, like, 5 this morning, after getting no/very, very little sleep up to that point last night, that I was in the early stages of real labor. But then I rolled over and it all stopped, so, no. Funny what the brain does to you when you can't sleep!
#26 of 81 Old 12-16-2008, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

I had a pretty good day, cleaned my house some and rested some.

Does this bout of energy mean it's the final nesting? Noo idea!
#27 of 81 Old 12-16-2008, 07:43 AM

I thought maybe yesterday night, things might get going, but no. And tonight I can't sleep. I'm pretty sure that when I go, it will be evening/night. I was right about when I was going to go with DD, so we'll see if I've got a knack for predicting the start of labor (I knew w/DD that it would be 5:30am and it was, because that's when I kept having stuff happen that made me think I was going into labor).

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
#28 of 81 Old 12-16-2008, 12:44 PM

This is me last night. I have been having BH every night for 3 weeks. Well last night, I had them much harder than usual. I was almost sure that it wasn't labor, but they actually Hurt and I had to breathe or moan through some of them. Fortunately they only lasted 2 1/2 hours instead of the 5 hours of the almost painless ones from the night before.

Comforts of Home Midwifery

#29 of 81 Old 12-16-2008, 02:42 PM

Seems like a lot of our babies are messing with us!! lol

This weekend was so crazy insane with the BH's... they got sooo intenst after I was having them for 7 hours and they were coming in 10, 5 and 3 minute intervals... but nothing would stay regular... it took most of the weekend for them to go away.

I'm still getting crampy sensations on and off... but nothing like this weekend.

I'm getting so anxious!! lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#30 of 81 Old 12-16-2008, 07:51 PM

I'm 35 weeks as of yesterday, and have been having wicked BH's since last Monday (I think that's the day she dropped). I had them all the time with DS but they are a heck of a lot more powerful this time around, with pain/cramping. I've also been nesting like crazy the last week and a half, but it's been insane today. I even cleaned the inside of the shampoo bottle caps earlier and have more energy than I've had this entire pregnancy. I might actually do holiday baking today!

I would actually be totally fine with a late December baby. She's already pretty big right now, and hey, tax deduction!!!

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page