Your Favorite Lullaby? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-13-2008, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I am 34.5 weeks and just bought a CD player for our bedroom to play lullabies. I have 2 from dd--Puntamayo Dreamland and Mediterranean Lullaby--but that's it!

I'd love to know your favorite lullably CD! Looking for a few more

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#2 of 8 Old 12-13-2008, 10:38 PM

It's not all lullabies, but Elizabeth Mitchell is great. We listen to You Are My Sunshine a lot - which obviously has the same song on it.. Irene Goodnight is a great soft one on there as well. She has a couple different CD's.

happily married mama to ella (5) and maya (jan 09 vbac)
#3 of 8 Old 12-14-2008, 09:46 AM

The Planet Sleeps is a WONDERFUL cd to have - it's a compilation of lullabies from around the world.

Mama to Noah Jude, 8/17/01, Emerson Lily, HBAC 8/3/03-8/3/03, Beatrice Ruth, homeborn 2/6/05, and Winter Juno Lucine, 12/22/08.:
#4 of 8 Old 12-14-2008, 11:48 AM

I never had a CD for my boys. At 2am, I would try to sing them back to sleep. With lack of sleep, the songs that would pop into my head the most were Christmas songs. Is it any wonder that their favorite colors were red and green for a long time?

Comforts of Home Midwifery

#5 of 8 Old 12-14-2008, 12:34 PM

Anyone tried the trendy Rockabye series? It looks great, especially since DP loves U2 and there's a lullabye version of some of their songs.

Mama to Gabriel (1-10-2009) and newborn Helena (10-9-2011) h20homebirth.gif with DP Julio.  ...cloth diapering, attachment parenting, infant EC-ing, etc.

#6 of 8 Old 12-14-2008, 02:15 PM

My son cried for hours every day for months (I wore out the local library's copy of the Sears book on high-needs babies). We had a few lullaby CDs but he didn't really respond to them. He preferred dancing music to calm him. So I focussed on getting music that relaxed me and that he liked me to dance him to, mostly folky stuff and some hip hop.

Just yesterday I bought myself a gift certificate at a CD store I like so I can buy myself something new to listen to to help me stay calm. For me, getting something I like that calms me down/destresses me is essential (for everyone ).
#7 of 8 Old 12-15-2008, 01:26 PM

Our favourite CD is called "Sweet Dreams" by Trio Lyra. Sometimes I listen to it myself when I have trouble sleeping.
#8 of 8 Old 12-15-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saritajoy View Post
Anyone tried the trendy Rockabye series? It looks great, especially since DP loves U2 and there's a lullabye version of some of their songs.
Yup i second the rockaby one, some are kinda creepy so you have to be a little careful, so far my favorites are the Beatles one, and the Beach boys one.

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page