prodromal labor... wahhhh - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-27-2008, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seriously. As if this pregnancy hasn't been painful enough already!

Christmas night I started having ctx... lasting about a minute and THREE minutes apart! I was soooo sure that was it, we got everything out and filled up the tub and everything. Called the midwife, got checked, was at 70%, 2cm, and -1 baby position.

Two hours later they slowed down, then stopped. We DTD cause my water hadn't broken yet. They started up again, harder. Once again, I thought that was it... nope. I made the mistake of trying to sleep and woke up completely ctx-free.

Yesterday, had a day without DD, so we DTD, walked-walked-walked, RRL tea, all that jazz. Nothing.

Today. Day to myself, DD's not here, DH is at work. I thought maybe being alone would trigger things. Again, walking, RRL, I even pumped a little for the stimulation. I'm still ctx'ing every once in a while (painful, tight, low ctx) but nothing's happening. Had some bloody streaky mucus last night in the shower... I got so excited.

Now I'm just... done. I hurt, I'm emotionaly drained, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. DD comes back tonight from an overnight at grandma and grandpas. I haven't done crap today... Except pee, a LOT, and whimper and whine to myself. I'm only 38 weeks but I feel so freaking huge and just... done. I know it's normal for a lot of women to feel so "done" but man, seriously... I just want to curl up and cry.

Sigh. Off to walk a few more laps around the house... it's 60 degrees here in central Ohio, can you believe that? December 27th and it's a balmy 60 degrees with a nice breeze.
#2 of 6 Old 12-27-2008, 07:52 PM

Oh sweetie! I know this feeling and am fighting it too. Hopefully our babes come soon.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#3 of 6 Old 12-27-2008, 10:53 PM

Im right there with you excpet mine has been going on since 36 weeks and im now 38!

I started contracting crazy hard really quick(just like ds) and called the midwives and when they checked me I was 2cm 50% effaced, contractions were regestering but nothing was really happening

So at my last week apt they checked me again and even threw a weeks worth of labour HELL I was still 2cm and 60% effaced

I go back on Mon...if I dont have the baby, which is seeming doubtful, even though im still contractiong on and off, crazy amount of pressure/desire to push occasionally, and bloody show....

All I can say is good luck! Hope the baby comes asap!

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#4 of 6 Old 12-28-2008, 01:22 AM

How discouraging! I'm sending some SERIOUS labor vibes your way :
#5 of 6 Old 12-28-2008, 11:01 AM

This is my big fear, seems like many of my friends went through a week or more of the same, of this has to be it types of contractions, normally starting at night, then tapering away early morning hours. Like its a more common thing in 2nd, 3rd etc births.

With DD I just knew, I went from nothing, to contractions that just went away, Im not one that does well with the on and off and on and off. Keep us posted though, sounds like it could be soon!

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#6 of 6 Old 12-28-2008, 03:28 PM

I'm starting this too. I had 2 weeks of prodromal labour with DS2. It was exhausting; so much so that I broke down and scheduled a c/sec (was planning a VBAC), but lo and behold, Jared was born (VBAC! yay!) the day before the section.

This kind of on/off stuff can really wear you down, eh? Hang in there, and remember to stay hydrated and as rested as you're able to be.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page