My diapers came! I must be ready to have a baby! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got my diapers in the mail and I'm so excited. They're tiny, cute blueberry's with inserts. I also bought some prefolds today, plus I've sewn a bunch of fitteds and wraps. This is my first time cloth diapering and I can't wait. I feel like he can come now and I'm ready. So I need to do some reading on how to wash correctly. I know, wrong forum.

Also, I bought a bouncy seat today. My one "baby device" I love because I love to soak in a hot bath and I can have it right by the tub. Also when I'm in the kitchen it can be there easily. I don't have a swing or anything else, not even a stroller for a newborn, because I mainly wear baby all the time in a sling. This time I'll try a Moby, I found one in EXCELLENT condition at the local thrift store the other day for 4 bucks! It's black. That reminds me, I need to wash it. And I got some tiny socks today. I'm set. Thats all a baby needs right? Socks, diapers, a bouncy and a Moby!

Are you all ready?
#2 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 03:20 AM

I just got my second batch of dipes today too (and my black Moby last week) : I think I'm as ready as I can be....now just sitting back and waiting!

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
#3 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 03:24 AM

so exciting!! And $4! Seriously?! That is awesome!!
#4 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 05:41 AM

I'm not ready cuz I'm only 33 weeks, but I'm happy that you're ready: I'd like to see a pic of your dipes. My SIL is going to make some for me and I'm so excited:

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#5 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 10:05 AM

CDing is so fun! I'm still working on making 6 more fitteds and 4 ai2's...then my newborn stash will be complete...maybe . Here's a pic of my most recently completed AI2. They are so tiny, probably won't fit long, but having a few will be nice. I'll make some smalls soon.

I like having a bouncy seat, too. I have one from my last baby. I just got the toddler's car seat moved to the back row and installed the infant car seat yesterday...so I feel almost ready! :

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#6 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasthree View Post
CDing is so fun! I'm still working on making 6 more fitteds and 4 ai2's...then my newborn stash will be complete...maybe . Here's a pic of my most recently completed AI2. They are so tiny, probably won't fit long, but having a few will be nice. I'll make some smalls soon.

I like having a bouncy seat, too. I have one from my last baby. I just got the toddler's car seat moved to the back row and installed the infant car seat yesterday...so I feel almost ready! :
Oh!! The dipe is so cute! : I see you have a snap press. I'm jealous.: Or maybe you have someone put them on for you? Now that the blueberries are here I would like to make a few more pockets like them. I have a little PUL left. I can see it's addictive!
#7 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 01:24 PM

You guys are making me feel unproductive! I still have about 6 more dipes to make for DS (decided against making fitteds for a newborn) that I swore I would have done before having DD...Maybe today I'll get cracking at it (and snap presses rock! Made DH get me one last year for Mother's Day )

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
#8 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 01:36 PM

Geez- I feel like I am ready (but so am not)..... I still need to decide something on diapers. I don't know why this is so hard for me. I think it is because I just don't want to spend money. Maybe I will order 2 dozen prefolds and call it good. After DS came I cut up all my prefolds and made them into fitteds.... Not so great for a new baby though....

I recieved a chocolate moby in a swap- it needs washed too- along with all my other baby stuff. And the stupid carseats need moved. Of course I don't want to have to mess with getting DD in and out of the third row until I absolutely have to- so I might just install the infant seat in DH's pickup until after the baby comes and then rearrange. He is like the world's most handiest man- but I still have to control the carseats... I don't know why.

Oh but I did get new pump parts- so that is good right? (those little valves are so darned expensive!)

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#9 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 02:52 PM

Hurray!

I just finished all my baby laundry, and we found out that my parents got us 3 months of diaper service for Christmas, so we don't need to buy any newborn diapers....just the next size up. Just need to get some covers and we'll be set for diapers.

Other than that, ready to go! Just need to last past Jan 2nd so I can get my health insurance.

Oh crap, except we need baby health insurance.....can't afford it through my work, so we have to try and figure out how to get it started if baby isn't born yet which means no SS number..... stupid USA...

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#10 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 03:30 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of baby carrier I want to buy...feeling overwhelmed by the choices. I've got a "need advice" thread going over in Baby Wearing.

I also need to buy a better nursing bra, but am not sure what to do about that either. I have a cheap one from Target for the first week or so, and then I think I'm going to buy the one you all were raving about from Bravado.

Honestly, I don't want anything else right now but this baby OUT OF MY BELLY AND IN MY ARMS!!!!!!!!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#11 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSoup View Post
Hurray!

I just finished all my baby laundry, and we found out that my parents got us 3 months of diaper service for Christmas, so we don't need to buy any newborn diapers....just the next size up. Just need to get some covers and we'll be set for diapers.

Other than that, ready to go! Just need to last past Jan 2nd so I can get my health insurance.

Oh crap, except we need baby health insurance.....can't afford it through my work, so we have to try and figure out how to get it started if baby isn't born yet which means no SS number..... stupid USA...

We are direct pay health insurance- but ours covers the baby for the first month without doing anything. If yours is thorough your work- you should be able to add them anytime since it would be a newborn..... Otherwise- you could probably put your baby on a state children's policy- in Iowa iI think it is like $40/month. good Luck with it though- after DS was born our insurance agent 'misplaced' the paperwork to add him to our policy and I didn't catch his mistake until I was at the pharmacy with him trying to get a very expensive Rx filled and the claim was rejected and I cried because it was so expensive..... Thank You Mastercard for helping me out there!

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#12 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
I also need to buy a better nursing bra, but am not sure what to do about that either. I have a cheap one from Target for the first week or so, and then I think I'm going to buy the one you all were raving about from Bravado.
Do it!!!! look on babycenter first though.... You will be so much happier!

#13 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 04:02 PM

The gals throwing my blessingway gave me a $60 gift certificate to the local baby boutique that I used to work at, so yesterday DD and I went down and bought 3 NB covers and 2 dozen preemie prefolds, as well as a belly hugger for me. I also logged on to the blueberry diaper outlet store and ordered 2 NB covers and 1 small cover for $5.99 each!

I already had some small covers left over from the boys, so I will only need like one more of those when the time comes. I also have 2 big shopping bags full of NB and small fitteds that have come back to me since I gave all the boy's stuff away that need sorting, and a bag of small Fuzzi bunz with inserts as well.

I am beginning to fell like I am drowning in diapers! Don't forget my boys are still in diapers, and I have more than 25 pockets and AIO's for them in my stash as well. It's a good thing I love CD's.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#14 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post
We are direct pay health insurance- but ours covers the baby for the first month without doing anything. If yours is thorough your work- you should be able to add them anytime since it would be a newborn..... Otherwise- you could probably put your baby on a state children's policy- in Iowa iI think it is like $40/month. good Luck with it though- after DS was born our insurance agent 'misplaced' the paperwork to add him to our policy and I didn't catch his mistake until I was at the pharmacy with him trying to get a very expensive Rx filled and the claim was rejected and I cried because it was so expensive..... Thank You Mastercard for helping me out there!
Yeah, I can't just add her to my insurance....because it would be an extra $400 a month, which we can't afford....and I make too much to put her on the state policy. So I have to get an actual new insurance plan for her and only her....

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#15 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeadowAndColtsMama View Post
I just got my diapers in the mail and I'm so excited. They're tiny, cute blueberry's with inserts. I also bought some prefolds today, plus I've sewn a bunch of fitteds and wraps. This is my first time cloth diapering and I can't wait. I feel like he can come now and I'm ready. So I need to do some reading on how to wash correctly. I know, wrong forum.

Also, I bought a bouncy seat today. My one "baby device" I love because I love to soak in a hot bath and I can have it right by the tub. Also when I'm in the kitchen it can be there easily. I don't have a swing or anything else, not even a stroller for a newborn, because I mainly wear baby all the time in a sling. This time I'll try a Moby, I found one in EXCELLENT condition at the local thrift store the other day for 4 bucks! It's black. That reminds me, I need to wash it. And I got some tiny socks today. I'm set. Thats all a baby needs right? Socks, diapers, a bouncy and a Moby!

Are you all ready?

That reminds me of the many wraps I made for my daughter over 18 years ago before she was born. I made them out of old hospital blankets my husband brought home from his job. I still have 3 of them left over with diapers inserted. They are so small. I was hoping to have 3 sons, one for each diaper but I do not see that happening.
#16 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post
So did you contact the insurance agent and have him fix the mistake? Did he pay for the bill as it was his incompentancy that caused you to have to pay for it?
#17 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 09:13 PM

Just about ready. We need to get our room organized this coming weekend- move the sewing table upstairs & put the crib up next to our bed, wash and prep all the dipers- still waiting on one more order of Growing Greens, wash the new clothes I got for Christmas, make sure I have a car seat lined up- a friend said she'd give me hers, and last but not least I am waiting for my mom to mail the crib bedding she made and a friend made me a mei tai I am waiting for in the mail too.

Oh yeah, have the baby!! 37 weeks today and physically I'm really, really ready for her.

heh, so I guess we aren't THAT close to being ready for her at all!!

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#18 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what kind of baby carrier I want to buy...feeling overwhelmed by the choices. I've got a "need advice" thread going over in Baby Wearing.

Honestly, I don't want anything else right now but this baby OUT OF MY BELLY AND IN MY ARMS!!!!!!!!
Mzminty, I LOVED my New Native sling with dd. Simple, and you can either get a discontinued or second off of their site or just find out your size from their site and get one used off Ebay. (I'm a major bargain shopper) I had a new one, and then a used one and they hold up really well to washing, and fold up to nothing, literally small enough to go in your purse, which I think is awesome. Oh, also if you're between sizes I'd go smaller, at least for a little one because they sit higher and I think it's easier on the back.

Also, I was going to buy a nursing bra yesterday from Target too and I remembered I saw a really simple thing online on how to convert a regular bra to a nursing bra using swimsuit clasps or you can buy nursing bra clasps or hooks, whatever, online, she has the links. You can just google "make a nursing bra" or something similar. I have a couple bras I don't mind converting. If you don't sew I think you can do it with a needle and thread, it's really easy looking. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.
#19 of 20 Old 12-28-2008, 10:42 PM

We put up the pack-n-play next to our bed last night. One of the twins helped after the other kids had gone to bed. he even put a baby to bed in it. The other twin ended up i the bed with Daddy later in the night. He woke around 4am, stood up and started yelling, "What's that?" over and over again. Poor DH. He had no idea there would be so much excitement over it. I am having all of the car seats relocated tomorrow morning, and the infant seat installed as well, so our drive home will probably be just as interesting.

Oh, I also got a surprise Christmas gift from a good friend. When we worked at a baby boutique together, we were all given Sakura Bloom ring slings as presents in order to promote the line locally. I was given a reversible linen in very pretty blue tones. DF was given an artisan silk. Now that her youngest has grown out of slinging, she has passed it over to me. Yup. A gorgeous silk sling. Worn only when she was working basically, because her DS was already almost 2 years old at the time. Of course, she will be able to wear MY baby in it whenever she visits, so she won't be letting it go entirely, but still. WOW!

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#20 of 20 Old 12-29-2008, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
I'm not ready cuz I'm only 33 weeks, but I'm happy that you're ready: I'd like to see a pic of your dipes. My SIL is going to make some for me and I'm so excited:
Ok, my first time doing pics, I just made a photobucket account. Here's my stash, with the exception of my prefolds...too boring!

http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo320/MamaThreeX/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page