Mothering Forum banner

The I am Fine Still Being Pregnant Thread!

1K views 28 replies 27 participants last post by  lovely rita 
#1 ·
Here is the thread for a positive discussion on still being pregnant. No "I am never going into labor even though I am still weeks away from my EDD" messages here. I know it can get really tough at the end, but this thread is for anybody that wants to relax and enjoy their last weeks without anticiapting labor with every twinge, or doubting their own body because others have already had their babies. It IS going to happen, so let's not rush things. I know it isn't just me.

I am 38 weeks today. Last PG I would have been holding and nursing my boys after my 38 weeks c/s. With DD I was suffering from horribly swollen feet and hands, high blood sugar, and 2 weeks of seemingly endless contractions in 100 degree heat. This time, I have no real complaints. Seriously. Maybe it is just a third time is the charm, or I just had it worse the last 2 times, but aside from hip/back pain when I sleep too long in one position, and occasional heartburn, I am really fine, and I feel really positive about still being pregnant.

Sure, I would love the tax break that I would get for having the baby by Wednesday night, but I don't think it is going to happen this week, so I am just relaxing and enjoying the last 2 weeks. Anybody else?

#2 ·
Well I did tell dh just last night "Do you remember how horribly swollen I was with Meadow at this point in my pregnancy?" And he said how he would poke my feet and they would have a dent from the swelling! EWW! We were laughing about it. Also my bp is great and I'm not spilling protein.

And even though I'm 35 w 4 days plus I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead I don't really feel like my baby is huge. He feels right to me for 35 weeks. I am not worried about a 'too big' baby at all. I can't wait to meet him though!
:
:
:

#4 ·
I am 38w3d and have been better the last few days. Babe moved to a completely different position right at 37 weeks and it has been much easier on my body even if I am still low and heavy. Midwife even commented that she rarely has ever seen a baby just sit in this position and not in labor. Before 37 weeks I was having quite a few really bad days.

My biggest complaint is that I really need more nap time during the day which my 4 month old little girl is not a great napper and by afternoon/evening it has been super difficult to get up while holding her. Every day baby stays inside allows M to get just a tad bit more mature and puts just a little more time between them. Hubby keeps saying Jan 12th which will make them exactly 5 month apart.

I wouldn't mind going early, though at this point what really is early, but since I have not having any major issues I am good.

#5 ·
I mainly lurk, but I'm here.
Not terribly impatient and physically doing okay, just chilling with my 2 year old and trying to enjoy some relatively unbroken sleep. I went to 41 weeks with DD and I'm just expecting things won't get going until around the same time or later. I will only get nervous if I start cutting it too close to 42 weeks since then the pressure for a RCS will begin. But otherwise my little guy is welcome to bake until he's ready.

I put off all the last-minute preparations until after New Year's so I wouldn't be twiddling my thumbs too far ahead of time. So I need to do some cleaning/organizing...pack my bag...wash and sort diapers and baby clothes...haul out some odds and ends from storage...

I did finally order my Belly Bandit yesterday.

#6 ·
I'm pretty content as well. I do feel big and out of breath, but other than that, I'm doing well physically. I have a slight cold, so I'd like that to be over & done before baby comes anyway.

I am ready to meet the "new girl" and just have the whole unknown of the birth process behind us. But I'm mostly happy just to enjoy these last days/weeks before she arrives.

#7 ·
I'm also 38w and 3d and it turns out pregnancy suits me. This is my first, so I had no idea what to expect, but I never got sick and I still only have minor swelling in my fingers. I've gained 30 lbs, but it seems to be all in my tummy and boobs. I did have some hip pain earlier, but it went away about a month ago. And I've had to battle the yeast, but once I found out I was strep b negative, I figured at least the yeast won't harm my baby so I'm pretty lucky (it does put a damper on our sex life, though).

Over all, I love being pregnant and I'm excited to meet our baby, but s/he can wait as long as s/he needs to. So glad someone started this thread!

#8 ·
Every time I pass by the bassinet next to my bed, I get excited about getting to see this new little one. I'm 40 and 5 so I have a jump start on all of you! I hurt at times (right hip, plantar fascitis, and swollen hands), but this baby likes to move so that is fun to feel. This is more than likely the last time I'll get to do this so I'm trying to be patient and enjoy the moment!

#9 ·
I am 37w6d and since this will be my last pregnancy I'm trying to savor the good parts. Heartburn is killing me and it's hard to move around, but other than that, things are going well and I'm not anxious for it to end. I know these last days are going to fly by, and I have a scheduled C-section exactly two weeks from today -- although I'm really hoping to go into labor before that (but not too much before!)

I'm trying to get ready without being too anxious about having all my ducks in a row. I gave away almost all my n/b clothes and diaper covers after dd so I'm trying to remember what worked the best with her. Surprisingly I am somewhat amnesiac about it! Also we don't know if it's a boy or a girl so I have a few gender-neutral things I picked up at resale and we're waiting until after the birth to buy much more of anything.

I have dipes, mom has covers (though they're not HERE!), we have a carseat, a few clothes and a bunch of slings/wraps. That's all I need, right? (Oy, a little anxious here about being ready to meet this little one!)

#10 ·
I am really going to try to enjoy these last days before our first baby arrives, and appreciate the fact that I will never have the luxury of being this "bored" again. I am done with work, and have most of the baby gear in order, so I can lounge around reading, and eating, and watching movies, and going for walks. And DH has been taking me out to eat since I don't feel like cooking all the time. I feel good other than the occasional twinge and backache, so what do I really have to complain about?

I figure that the longer this little one waits, the bigger and stronger and calmer he will be. And for some reason I am not worried about giving birth to a big baby (which he could be). Probably because I have nothing to compare it to, so I'm just going with it.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by katmann View Post
I'm also 38w and 3d and it turns out pregnancy suits me... Over all, I love being pregnant and I'm excited to meet our baby, but s/he can wait as long as s/he needs to. So glad someone started this thread!
ditto!!! Although I'm 38 w 1 day and expecting baby Gabriel...

I still have plenty to do to prepare - helping DP with having everything in place with our business is the first priority...

At home, cleaning up and making freezer meals... and of course just trying to relax and have uninterrupted sleep, which I know will be in short supply once baby is born!

#12 ·
Had an OB appointment this morning. I met with the office CNM. She is hilarious. No VE, just basic vitals check. Unfortunately I also found out I am GBS+, so blech! I will need an IV in labor, but really if that is all I have to "suffer" this pg, I will take it. Oh she did a quicky u/s as well. She just couldn't make out which end was heads and which was tails.
baby does like to move, and her little bottom sticks out just like a head might if she were breech. It was nice for her to confirm with 100% certainty that baby IS head down and write it on the chart.

#13 ·
Well, I'm only 36 weeks so I better be okay with being pregnant for a few more weeks. With two other kids, I'm happy to keep this baby on the inside. Besides I'm feeling pretty good for being in the third trimester. I'm not swollen, my back is okay most of the time. Now if I could only sleep.

#15 ·
I'm mostly just anxious to meet our baby. I do need her to wait until after the 2nd (as I have to work Jan 2nd to get medical benefits for the month of Jan, but anytime after that is fine). That, and I'll be very very glad to be able to not be nauseas and drink plain water again.

Other than that, just want to get it done with, because I hate not knowing what it feels like. lol. So I'm second guessing everything, even though I'm not expecting it. Does that make any sense at all?

#16 ·
Though I'm ready to meet my baby (and know if it is a boy or girl so I can hit some of the big after-holiday clearance sales for clothes!) I am going to treat myself to a few things these last days/weeks so I can just relax and enjoy some independence.

-- getting a facial tomorrow
-- plan to get a sitter and go see a movie with dh
-- will get a mani/pedi later this week sometime
-- do some shopping for organization projects (I'm an organization junkie!)

#17 ·
Intellectually, I am being very patient, but (really) I am starting to get a little anxious - I will be 39 weeks on wednesday and I have never gotten quite that far before. I think I am more anxious over the birth than anything, I have had one LONG and one SHORT, so I am hoping it will be another short one, but that was really intense, I guess what I am really hoping for is that this one won't be posterior. As far as being pregnant longer, it's not too bad - when trouble rolling over in bed, and a little tiredness are my main "complaints", I really can't complain. Everytime I see people though they talk about how I MUST be SOOO ready for this to be done, and I almost feel rude disagreeing with them. I am guessing that they were at this point for them, so they think everyone must be too.

#18 ·
41w4d today. Still feel great! (mostly) I'm definitely more tired now, and I do less at a time, but I've been active and busy. I don't bend over, and I rarely go upstairs, but overall, I'm doing great!

So many moms are done by 37 weeks, I guess, that people assume I should be, too. I've got a MW appt today - and I'm thinking about getting a pedicure. If I can get a babysitter, it will be even better!

--janis

#20 ·
39w6d here, and feeling really, really good. And just got a nice talk from my midwife about avoiding a lot of "oh I'm never going into labor" negative self-talk.

Not to mention avoiding the people who ask if I'm in labor every time I see them.

So...yeah. I feel good and everything's all ready and all I have to do is hang out with my three-year-old and take a lot of walks!

#21 ·
39 weeks tomorrow. Other than this cold that I have had for 3 weeks, I feel great. Once the baby dropped, I started feeling much better hips and pelvis wise. Also I just found out today at my appt that baby may be breech. So I definitely have to wait until after my U/S. Oh, and I would like to get a few things done around my house first. Clean my bathroom, sweep and mop the whole house, and I have some sewing I want to finish. With the cold, I haven't been able to keep up on the housework like I have wanted.

#22 ·
36 weeks here. At this time when I was pregnant with DS, I had an extra chin, a bigger butt and had added 1.5 to my shoe size number. The baby has dropped a little, so breathing is a little easier right now. Tomorrow is also my last day at work, so I'm really happy about that. I'm content to have DS #2 stay in longer, as we still haven't picked a name yet and I have a billion other things to do before he makes his arrival. Now if this cold will go away, life would be easier.

#23 ·
I am totally cool with the baby staying in for a couple more weeks. I am 37+3 today and another 3-4 weeks for me to get things in order would be just fine! I have the worlds longest to-do list..... I can't believe how much I have let slide! Other than one rib being out of place and my hips aching- everything is cool

#25 ·
After my first arrived at 34 weeks, I am always thankful for every day I keep these little ones in! My second made it 39.5wks, and this one is 36.5wks now and hopefully will hold out until at least next week! I am ready as far as clothes washed and things prepared, but otherwise I wish she would stay in a while longer!

#26 ·
Well the snow has finished, but not in enough time for our dance party.
Since I am not leaving the house, everyone feels the need to call and check on me toady. Apparently snow=labor in the minds of my friends.

So sorry to disappoint, but it is really unlikely I will be in labor today.
I think I need another nap. (yawn)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.