I'm so tired of being pregnant!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 12-29-2008, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today has been a long day. I went to the midwife, which was quick - my pregnancy has been super easy so there wasn't really anything to do or talk about, just the usual bp, urine, weight, etc. Everything is normal.

I'm just so tired of being pregnant!! I've gained almost 40lbs, so I feel HUGE, even though its all belly. My back has started hurting the last few days, The baby is doing something down there, but hasn't dropped yet (I'm 39 weeks), and I just want to be done with being pregnant!!!!

How do you convince baby to drop? I'm SO uncomfortable, its awful! I've been using EPO vaginally for the last few nights, I don't really want to do anything that will induce labor (although I might go out to eat some crazy spicy food in a few days). I want baby to choose his/her own b-day, but I really, really, really don't want to be pregnant anymore! Ugh...Anyone else feel the same way?

Thanks for letting me vent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 12-29-2008, 08:22 PM

I could have written that post myself, except I'm only 38 weeks. Hang in there! Easier said than done! I can't think anout anything else!

I try to remind myself that life is much easier right now than it will be in after baby is here; that I should try to get some rest and enjoy the last couple of weeks and get some projects done. But it just isn't working! I'm so anxious to meet this little girl. And I'm right there with you on being sooo uncomfortable.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#3 of 20 Old 12-29-2008, 08:30 PM

I agree with everything said. I'm only 37 wks so I know there's no huge hurry but I'm so uncomfortable it's hard to cope sometimes. I would not do anything to get the baby to come any sooner then he is ready either. It's his choice.

I'm really having a hard time with trying to get some rest. I can't roll over without waking up completely and half the time waking the whole family as well. It's really wearing on me. My bed is really uncomfortable right now and I need to turn every hour or so or my hips are in such pain. I did order a new bed but it's being made and won't be here until the day after my due date.

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#4 of 20 Old 12-29-2008, 08:31 PM

Walking. That helped DD1 drop though it wasn't easy to go for a walk twice a day...
#5 of 20 Old 12-29-2008, 10:52 PM

me too
#6 of 20 Old 12-29-2008, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

As if all of the above wasn't bad enough - I actually peed myself tonight!! I was on my way to the bathroom, and I peed myself!! Its happened before today, but only when my boyfriend has made me laugh so hard that I couldn't hold it in. Today on the other hand, I was walking across the bathroom to go pee, and it just came out! First I thought it might be my water, but it didn't feel like it was coming from the right place for it to be that, and so I smelled my panties (gross, I know) and nope - definitely urine. I was actually disapointed, b/c if it had been my water the end would have been near....
#7 of 20 Old 12-29-2008, 11:32 PM

I'm in so much pain I've talked to my OB about being induced but I mean I've been in serious pain. Enough that they kept me in the hospital a couple nights. If I am induced I'll be almost 39 weeks if not over.
#8 of 20 Old 12-29-2008, 11:58 PM

I'm just anxious and emotionally drained... I've been having contractions on and off for 2 and a half weeks now and it's always the guessing game of if they are going to last or not... It's making my nerves very edgy... I want it to turn into the real thing instead of these "head games". I'm 39+1... and so beyond ready. I wish my little girl would make up her mind and have these contractions come in full gear....

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#9 of 20 Old 12-30-2008, 12:35 AM

I'm completely with you ladies. I can hardly walk, I'm in so much pain from this head in my pelvis. I've been having contractions on and off. I'm almost 38 weeks now, and I'm just well done and ready to have this baby!
#10 of 20 Old 12-30-2008, 12:41 AM

Tonight I called my midwife and my doula because I was so sure that I was in labor, but as soon as the ctx got about ten min apart, they started spreading back out again until they stopped.

Tomorrow morning DH starts back on his 24 hour shifts, so I'll be worrying that things are going to start up again when he's not here...and if they do, I won't necessarily know if it's real or not anyway.

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#11 of 20 Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 AM

I'm totally there.....Really wanting to get this going... I was very patient with my last pregnancy, but this one I'm really wanting to meet this baby.

:
#12 of 20 Old 12-30-2008, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I've had false labors and prodromal labor for the past 3 weeks. It's so annoying and such a tease. I had contractions coming right on top of each other a week ago and hubby was getting ready to fill the pool when all of a sudden everything slowed down and they stopped. I'm having so much difficulty getting any rest - this baby loves doing jumping jacks through the night, and when if I fall asleep, it isn't long until I have to switch sides from hip pain or have to go pee. I am also done with final exams and not working, so I'm just sitting at home waiting for this to happen. All projects have been completed. We had another false alarm today at 3am. During this last week I've been having ctxs every day - but they just don't get up to speed in frequency.

I LOVE this girl, but she's really driving us nuts!
#13 of 20 Old 12-30-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenaAZ View Post
I've had false labors and prodromal labor for the past 3 weeks. It's so annoying and such a tease. I had contractions coming right on top of each other a week ago and hubby was getting ready to fill the pool when all of a sudden everything slowed down and they stopped. I'm having so much difficulty getting any rest - this baby loves doing jumping jacks through the night, and when if I fall asleep, it isn't long until I have to switch sides from hip pain or have to go pee. I am also done with final exams and not working, so I'm just sitting at home waiting for this to happen. All projects have been completed. We had another false alarm today at 3am. During this last week I've been having ctxs every day - but they just don't get up to speed in frequency.

Oh my goodness! I have her twin in my belly! lol Seriously this word for word what has been going on and how my little girl is being too! DH just keeps saying we are going to have our hands full with this one.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#14 of 20 Old 12-30-2008, 09:06 PM

I just started this weekend having BH contractions that I could feel, and as of yesterday, uncomfortable ones. Especially after a full day of work sitting upright....it's so hard to drive home when your back is cramping like crazy!!! I hope this means Avi comes soon....but only after Friday so I get my full medical benefits!!

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#15 of 20 Old 12-30-2008, 09:40 PM

I've been mostly a lurker here, but YES, I am so there with you ladies! This is our first, I'm 35 weeks and dayum, I am ready for this baby to be here already. I've been having super intense BH, pelvic pain and it takes me an hour at least to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. My work clothes are uncomfortable, and I'm down to my last four or five shirts that still cover my belly and about three pairs of pants. Then I went to my regular OB appt. today (no midwives within an hour of me ) and he did the GBS swab and checked my cervix, and it really effing HURT! He was so rough and quick, and he's usually not like that, but man. That set me off and I finally had a good cry tonight (I've been needing to get it out since having a blowout with my dad a few weeks ago about not circ'ing the baby...never should have mentioned it!), and I feel better-ish.

Aaaanyway, thanks for letting me vent. (((hugs))) to all you mamas...we'll be holding our babies so very soon!! :

K + J = DS Evan 1/26/09 and happily welcoming DS Colin, our 9lb 5oz vbac.gif New Year's Day baby, 1/1/11!
#16 of 20 Old 12-30-2008, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenaAZ View Post

I COMPLETELY relate to the whole being done with finals, and done with projects!! I finished finals right before x-mas, and now I have nothing to do at all! I have to say though, I feel much much better tonight after having spent part of today running into Manhattan with my boyfriend to do something for his dad. Then we found a great hot wings place and ate crazy spicy buffalo wings! It was a really good day - but I wish I hadn't had to waddle the whole time yelling - Wait up! I'm slow!!

lol...I wish there was a way to be done with being pregnant, and then have a week off before being a mom...that would be PERFECT! Oh well, I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too...
#17 of 20 Old 01-02-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyra View Post
As if all of the above wasn't bad enough - I actually peed myself tonight!! I was on my way to the bathroom, and I peed myself!! Its happened before today, but only when my boyfriend has made me laugh so hard that I couldn't hold it in. Today on the other hand, I was walking across the bathroom to go pee, and it just came out! First I thought it might be my water, but it didn't feel like it was coming from the right place for it to be that, and so I smelled my panties (gross, I know) and nope - definitely urine. I was actually disapointed, b/c if it had been my water the end would have been near....
thyra, I have to thank you for posting this. After reading your post I put a spare pair of pants in the diaper bag just in case. I was out shopping with the kids yesterday and baby had a well placed kick. At first I thought my water broke, this is how it had both times before (while at home), but that wasn't it. I was so thankful that I had that extra pair of pants and that my shirt was long enough to get me to the bathroom on the other side of the store without anyone noticing .

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#18 of 20 Old 01-02-2009, 11:39 AM

I'm tired of being pregnant too, but I think that it has more to do with me having a 15 month old nursling. I'm only 34 weeks, so I want this baby to stay put. T
The more time goes by the more I'm thinking about trying a VBAC, but I'm so scared. I'll talk to my Dr at my next appointment. I know that my DH is going to be totally against a VBAC because of the high risk of rupture, but I think I might want to try to VBAC. I wish I had a crystal ball

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#19 of 20 Old 01-02-2009, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Jannah6 - I wish I had a crystal ball too. Then I could know how and when my baby was going to get here. I'm so emotional and so tired all the time, and my body feels less and less like my own every time I do anything. My hormones are making me impossible to live with, and me and my boyfriend are fighting constantly - we never get anywhere and nothing good ever comes from it. I'm so sick of it.

Good luck asking your doc about a VBAC, I don't have any advice unfortunately since this is my first - but there are some pretty knowledgeable people on this board who might be able to help you out!
#20 of 20 Old 01-02-2009, 02:27 PM

I feel you on that. Well, more or less. I just finished working this past Tuesday and, apart from the holiday, have promised myself a full week off before I even start thinking about the baby's arrival. Yep, a FULL week--Sunday through Sunday--of reading, writing, walking, swimming, watching movies, making casserole and prune muffins (indicative of nesting and, um, my recent lack of...movement). That will take me right up to my EDD, the 11th. That's the only way I can deal with the waiting. I was freaking out a few weeks ago.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page