yet another false alarm - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what is wrong with me?! This is #4, you'd think I'd know when I was in actual labor, sheeeesh.

It happened Christmas morning. I didn't go to the hospital then, but I was all ready to. Then again this morning. Ctrx wake me up at 3. I can't sleep, I just don't feel good. Then by 7/8 the ctrx are gone and I am just super tired because I haven't slept! This morning I actually went to the hospital.

I would much rather go into labor on my own, but I know my dr. will offer induction sometime next week. It's so tempting to just say, ok I'll take the induction & the epidural and just do this thing already . Maybe I'm just having a bad day.

Melissa, loving wife love.gif and mama to 4 girls now! DD 12, DD 10 1/2, DD 4, DD 2 Happily homeschool.gif, doing lots of hang.gif very little sleeping.gifof and as much as I can knit.gifsewmachine.gif reading.gif
#2 of 7 Old 12-30-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasthree View Post
what is wrong with me?! This is #4, you'd think I'd know when I was in actual labor, sheeeesh.

I feel the same way.

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#3 of 7 Old 12-30-2008, 04:16 PM

(((mamasthree))) I'm sorry, and I can sympathize. Makes induction look so good, doesn't it? Hang in there!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#4 of 7 Old 12-30-2008, 05:41 PM

I've been have ctrx for over a month and they got so strong Saturday night that I leaked a bit I thought it was labour and went to the hospital. The contractions were strong when they hooked up the monitor but they soon slowed down and they sent me home : Again yesterday morning they were real strong but I waited them out.

The OB said if I haven't gone by next week we'll talk about being induced since I have been having major pain issues with my gallbladder ect...(I have ulcerative colitis) I'm doing everything I can to get things moving!
#5 of 7 Old 12-30-2008, 06:07 PM

I know your frustration, I have discovered that no two pregnancies/labors are the same. For the first time ever I lost my mucous plug and had a lot of bloody show on the 23rd-24th, and then NOTHING! I have only had two labors (#3 and #5) where I even noticed that before and it was during transition.

I know in my head that my body is preparing but emotionally I am becoming a wreck and I still have 2-3 weeks to go. It doesn't help that I have birthed a baby at 37w, 38w, 39w, 40w and 41w twice. I really don't want to wait that long.

Best wishes and happy gestating/preparing for labor!
Sarah
#6 of 7 Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 PM

I thought I was officially starting labor on Sunday but no dice. I'm 39 weeks, 2 days and the thought of working next week makes me want to cry! I'm sending some good, serious labor vibes your way :
#7 of 7 Old 12-30-2008, 10:25 PM

I feel ya.

With every ctx, I wonder "Is this it?" because we've had some close calls. Yesterday I had ctx 5-min apart for almost an hour and a half! Today I had a midwife appt and she said it could easily be another week, even though I'm 3-4cm dilated already. SIGH!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page