I Thought that I was not Going to Be One of those Moms . . . - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-31-2008, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that is so tired of being pregnant that they start whining about how they want the baby out. I am ready to eat my words now. I didn't act like that with my boys, but I think that I am ready to be done. I am officially due on the 10th, but. . . #1 I have been sick with a cough for 3 1/2 weeks. Although today it seems to be lightening up some. #2 My bp has been up and down the past couple of days. #3 Today I was peeing blood which the midwife says is from the baby kicking or punching my bladder. #4 The midwife has decided that she wants a sono to rule out a breech baby. A couple things have made her suspicious. #5 I have had ctx since noon. When timing, they have been anywhere from 3-7 minutes apart. So far nothing has stopped them, but when I checked myself I couldn't even reach my cervix. So I just want the baby out before anything else goes wrong. Of course that is only if the baby is head down. If not, we need to work on getting it turned first.
So wish me luck that if I am in early labor that baby is head down. Or if not that the sono shows head down.

Comforts of Home Midwifery

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 12-31-2008, 05:01 AM

Ohhh. You poor thing! That sounds like a LOT to deal with. I've never heard of peeing blood from that. OW. Well, I hope lo is head down, and I hope you get through this soon. Sounds pretty stressful. Well take care, and keep us posted!
#3 of 14 Old 12-31-2008, 11:51 AM

I think peeing blood makes you totally entitled to complain. I hope the baby is head down or gets there soon! Good luck.

I should probably be doing something else right now.
#4 of 14 Old 12-31-2008, 12:16 PM

Good luck hon! I hope baby comes soon for you and you can be comfortable again.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#5 of 14 Old 12-31-2008, 01:50 PM

Please don't feel bad about whining or feeling ready to have your baby out. Your feelings are completely valid and getting it out might just make you feel better and anything that could make you feel better at this point is worthwhile. In the big picture lifetime span, every one of us doesn't have more that a drop in the bucket left to go but while your living the difficult time it sure does feel like forever doesn't it?

With my first two I also didn't mind being pregnant and honestly felt rather judgemental of people who complained about still being pregnant. After all we tried so hard to achieve and keep each pregnancy and I was and still am aware of what a gift and miracle each child and pregnancy is. This time though I can see merits in wishing for my baby to come sooner rather than later. I feel guilty that I was so hard on "complainers" in my own mind. Sometimes pregnancy is challenging, especially when you have other children to take care of and you can't devote all your time to taking care of just yourself and your baby in you belly. I'll be sending you positive energy that this will get better for you soon. Hang in there, it can't be too long now.

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#6 of 14 Old 12-31-2008, 02:29 PM

I think children are a wonderful gift. I think pregnancy sucks. Well, at least for me, it does. I am slightly jealous of women who feel glowy and happy during pregnancy, but I just feel massively uncomfortable (can't breathe, can't eat, can't walk...). I'm not sure why some people seem to think that I should be appreciative of feeling terrible all the time.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being tired of feeling awful.
#7 of 14 Old 12-31-2008, 03:15 PM

I have to agree with kalirush. If pregnancy doesn't make you miserable every single day, then I can see how a lot of complaining might be over the top. But for some people, it's nine months of misery. This is my DH's first child, and although I would LOVE to have another baby with him, I don't know that I could willingly put myself through this again any time soon.

OP, my mom used to say that God made pregnant women miserable at the end because it made them welcome the pain of childbirth more than the pain of being pregnant!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#8 of 14 Old 12-31-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalirush View Post
I think children are a wonderful gift. I think pregnancy sucks. Well, at least for me, it does. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being tired of feeling awful.
Yea.... that! While it was worse with DD, I could barely use my hands,the pain in my pelvis and hips this time as been really hard to deal with. As we speak I'm at work, taking a break from shaving 9 ridiculous maltese, the last 3 to go will be my last 3 grooms for months, as today is my last day of work, but I can barely stand up straight right now. Your not alone, this part does suck

ok so I'm back to finish, my boss needed the computer LOL

I official said to DH last night, as I could barely turn over in bed, ok I'm done, this kid can come out now! Then again, all I wanted was a Jan baby, so..... any time this evening I suppose I've welcome this baby to start making its appearance!

I'm officially on maternity leave now, scary, I don't like money not coming in

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#9 of 14 Old 01-01-2009, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
OP, my mom used to say that God made pregnant women miserable at the end because it made them welcome the pain of childbirth more than the pain of being pregnant!

Just an update. Baby is head down. : I am no longer peeing blood and my cough has been much better today. I am still contracting and have since noon yesterday. I was able to sleep last night and take a nap today. The apprentice is on her way to check me to see if all this work is actually producing anything.

#10 of 14 Old 01-01-2009, 02:01 AM

oh, good luck! i hope little one is on the way out!
#11 of 14 Old 01-01-2009, 11:40 AM

Best of luck to you. I had one of those nights last night, but baby and I talked. Today is my blessingway, so she needs to wait until that is over with.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#12 of 14 Old 01-01-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post
Best of luck to you. I had one of those nights last night, but baby and I talked. Today is my blessingway, so she needs to wait until that is over with.

Have a great time today! Probably a perfect way to look at all the GOOD stuff about being pregnant and the journey into motherhood!

mom to Reaghan born underwater into midwife's hands 1/17/07 & Myra born surrounded by doulas and midwife at home 1/12/09. Birth Educator, and Photographer, Baby #3 Coming May 2013!

#13 of 14 Old 01-01-2009, 12:22 PM

Glad you're feeling a little better, rockportmidwife!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#14 of 14 Old 01-01-2009, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I got checked and had little progress. I am still only a fingertip dilated. I am now 70% effaced though and baby is down to -1 station. The ctx continued all through the night. I slept through most of it, but was awakened by some. And of course had them when I got up to pee. But I have only had a few this morning.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page