Pink tinge? Pressure from baby or something else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-31-2008, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas!

When I just went to the bathroom there were two tiny pieces of pink tinged, well I guess mucous. They were very small pieces. I've been having a lot of pressure on my cervix this morning as well. I'm wondering if this could be "bloody show" or if it's just from baby putting pressure on my cervix and irritating it?? I never had this with any of my others so I don't know!

I'm 36 weeks. My midwife said she'll do homebirths at 36 weeks but it's on a case by case basis. All of my others have been late and induced and she commented that my babies seem to be on the smaller side (7 lbs 3 oz at 42 weeks, 7 lbs 11 oz at 41 weeks, and 7 lbs 9.5 ounces at 40 weeks) so she'd have to evaluate whether or not she'd attend my labor at home at 36 weeks.
This worries me as I do not want to have to go to the hospital to have this baby. I want him to be fully cooked and born at home.

I guess I'm sort of rambling. Basically, does this sound like "bloody show" or pieces of the mucous plug? Does that mean that labor will begin soon? Like I said, I was induced with all the others so this is new to me.

Thanks!!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-31-2008, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've had pink streaks from about 36 weeks. They're not dark, they kinda look like light pink thread mixed with mucous.

It might be pieces of your plug, but remember, plugs can regenerate... I think i've had two so far.

Keep hydrated, try some Emergen-C or Recharge. I mean, really keep hydrated. Put your feet up. Hopefully it's not real labor (since you're so early!), but keep your midwife informed!
#3 of 4 Old 12-31-2008, 04:02 PM

yup what riaketty said.

rest up mama, drink plenty, all that jazz

#4 of 4 Old 12-31-2008, 04:32 PM

I've had the "bloody show" twice since 28 weeks...if you really don't want this baby coming REST..it works!..Drink lostsofwater, keep our feet up and don't do anything!

mommy daddy son daughter = our family

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page