The putting your DP to use thread...... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 01-01-2009, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I shocked my DH tonight. I told him to use his powers for good instead of bugging me. I decided that starting today it is time to start getting this baby out the fun way. I think I shocked the pants off of him because he had to leave to go think about it... seriously.... he told me that he feels like a dog that has been beat off too many times and now he is nervous.... whatever. I am so not that bad. But seriously- it is time for me to get some use out of his.... uh... you know....

I am ok with being pregnant ffor a while yet- really I am- but ya know.... people have to spend good money for what my DH can give me for free.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 01-01-2009, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
LOL!!!!

Dh was trying to convince me last night/this morning (1:50 AM ish) that he wouldn't mind being "used and abused". I told him all requests must be made before 10 PM to be considered!

I know with DS we were doing it 2 times a day at the end! It was as bad then as it was when we were TTC this one! It's funny how they say "Oh I could do it everyday, 3 times a day" and when you try to hold them to it they fail after a few days
#3 of 21 Old 01-01-2009, 11:56 PM

I'm so jealous! I hurt too much to DTD.....so won't be using that method to get this baby out!

Kathy Soup
Loving wife to an amazing SAHD : Mommy to Aviendha 01/19/09
#4 of 21 Old 01-02-2009, 12:07 AM

DH has been having stomach issues the past two days so it has put that method on pause. Boo. lol He said maybe later tonight we can try again. :

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#5 of 21 Old 01-02-2009, 12:17 AM

DH said we should shoot for twice a day until I have the baby, but we're both so tired all the time that twice a week is the most it's been happening.

It seems like the aftershocks from it were bigger a month ago than they have been lately. I'm kind of feeling like it's not as effective a tool as I wish it were...luckily it still feels good though, and we're trying to get our fill before the drought comes!

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
#6 of 21 Old 01-02-2009, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzminty View Post
and we're trying to get our fill before the drought comes!

When he got kinda freaked out this is exactly what I told him! he still kind o has that deer in the headlights look though when I come up to him.... The boob thing though- he has begged and begged me to let him practice a latch for over 3 years now and today I say go for it and he wouldn't! I can't believe him! 3 years of constant begging and I give in and basically order him to try it and he won't.......

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#7 of 21 Old 01-02-2009, 01:02 AM

This thread cracks me up!

My dh would love to be used and abused but I never feel like it.

Quote:
When he got kinda freaked out this is exactly what I told him! he still kind o has that deer in the headlights look though when I come up to him.... The boob thing though- he has begged and begged me to let him practice a latch for over 3 years now and today I say go for it and he wouldn't! I can't believe him! 3 years of constant begging and I give in and basically order him to try it and he won't.......
What is it with that?! My dh gets all excited when my colostrum comes in because he likes the taste of it. It's kinda weird to me. I don't get it. He likes the milk too, he thinks it's the coolest thing. Men.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#8 of 21 Old 01-02-2009, 01:18 AM

: Oh my!!!!!

DH is always the one to initiate and beg for it but, for a change it's me. And you know what?! He told me no!!!!! He had the kiwis to tell me no!!! Well, it's more like the lack of kiwis because he's afraid it will work just like it did last time and we will have a baby in a few days time.

He's such a manly man but, when it comes to me giving birth he's such a baby

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#9 of 21 Old 01-02-2009, 10:52 AM

My neighbor brought a gift over earlier this week and told me: Well, you should be doing what you did to start this process in the first place.

It took me a minute to think of what she was saying.

And for the record, we've been trying that. Maybe not daily, but every other day. I just think my DH is powerful in getting me pg easily, but doesn't have the goods to make me go into labor.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#10 of 21 Old 01-02-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
This thread cracks me up!

My dh would love to be used and abused but I never feel like it.

What is it with that?! My dh gets all excited when my colostrum comes in because he likes the taste of it. It's kinda weird to me. I don't get it. He likes the milk too, he thinks it's the coolest thing. Men.

lol This makes me feel better... I thought my DH was off his rocker when he looked at me all serious and said that he is really interested in what it tastes like and wants to taste the milk when it comes in. He thought it was the coolest thing when I started leaking colostrum...

Did more nipple stimulation last night and that was producing some, dare I say it, but fun contractions... lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#11 of 21 Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo F. View Post
DH is always the one to initiate and beg for it but, for a change it's me. And you know what?! He told me no!!!!!
OMG! ME TOO! Hes "too tired" WHATS UP WITH THAT??
#12 of 21 Old 01-02-2009, 06:15 PM

We tried that with DS and it didn't work. And then we ykw last night anyway and afterwards I felt very sick.... like nauseous. No idea why. Maybe because I was on top

So I think I'll stick to evening primrose oil. But... my midwife actually gave me a syringe to suck the oil out of the capsules, and then remove the needle and insert it. She said it takes too long for the capsules to disolve.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#13 of 21 Old 01-02-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn237 View Post
We tried that with DS and it didn't work. And then we ykw last night anyway and afterwards I felt very sick.... like nauseous. No idea why. Maybe because I was on top
DTD only works if your body is getting there on it's own anyway. However, I would say that feeling sick afterwards is a good sign that you will be in labor in a couple of days. I know several women who have said they were nauseous or vomiting after DTD, and then went into labor within 48 ours. Good luck.

Mama to 4 darlings. A ('03), O and K ('06), A ('09), and wife to M since 2002.
#14 of 21 Old 01-03-2009, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

well today I told him that he had best get to work- and then i told him that he really has the sweetest deal going right now- so he had to clean a big nasty baked on crusty pan first..... He did! And then we did! Maybe he is starting to come around and realize how great this is!

#15 of 21 Old 01-03-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajody View Post
DTD only works if your body is getting there on it's own anyway. However, I would say that feeling sick afterwards is a good sign that you will be in labor in a couple of days. I know several women who have said they were nauseous or vomiting after DTD, and then went into labor within 48 ours. Good luck.
That would be wonderful! Don't think I'm going to have this babe 2 weeks early but ya never know

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#16 of 21 Old 01-03-2009, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Putting DH to use has been our prefered induction method... it's how we got DD out. However, this time around, my libido is horribly low and it takes a ton of effort to even 'start' things.

The last two times I haven't even felt any ctx afterwards... but it's been a few days since then! So we're going to try, um, tonight probably. After DH gets home from work... and we'll see.

Is general nausea a sign of impending labor or only after DTD? Because all day I've been icky-stomach-feeling. Not nauseous, per say, but just... odd-feeling.

Edit: By the way, Taryn237, good luck with your VBAC! I'm cheering for you!
#17 of 21 Old 01-04-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaorganic View Post
...i told him that he really has the sweetest deal going right now- so he had to clean a big nasty baked on crusty pan first..... He did!
See, now this is the kind of deed that REALLY turns me on!

Add me to the list of mamas with overworked, tummy-stressed husbands who are not, atm, interested in helping to move the labor along.

I also have been feeling odd lately, and I have heard that it's a sign of labor for many women, but that like losing one's mucous plug, it's a sign that labor's coming in the next day/week/several weeks...
#18 of 21 Old 01-04-2009, 01:48 PM

I had to beg and bribe him with homemade chocolate chip cookies. Even then I had to "do all the work" which I wouldnt have minded except I have low stamina and endurance and my hips kill.
He honestly made it seem like it was a CHORE for him. Im actually a little offended. I know I shouldnt take it personally but WTF? Is it that I am gross looking? Am I unappealing for some reason?
#19 of 21 Old 01-04-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acory23 View Post
I had to beg and bribe him with homemade chocolate chip cookies. Even then I had to "do all the work" which I wouldnt have minded except I have low stamina and endurance and my hips kill.
He honestly made it seem like it was a CHORE for him. Im actually a little offended. I know I shouldnt take it personally but WTF? Is it that I am gross looking? Am I unappealing for some reason?
i hear you. i tried to convince dh to dtd yesterday, but he flat-out refused. he said, "you're obviously not that into it." ok. fair enough. it's the last thing i really want to do right now, but it's a good idea, and it might have been fun. and come on!! he's not supposed to say NO!
#20 of 21 Old 01-04-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racidoodle View Post
"you're obviously not that into it."
OMG! Mine said the same thing followed by "how much of this is using me to enduce labor?" I told him that it was only a small part of it and that the real reason was because I was ravenously horny (which is true) but then he said something about it requiring more energy than its worth because of the mechanics of the whole thing (making sure he doesnt hurt me, smoosh me, or my hips dont cramp up.. while still trying to get something pleasurable out of it for himself.) I understand that part but c'mon. Ive made sacrifices to accomodate for months because I knew it would make him happy. WHY CANT HE DO THAT FOR ME?
At least PRETEND to enjoy it!
#21 of 21 Old 01-04-2009, 09:41 PM

Finally, he's all for it. I knew he couldn't hold out for very long

Alas, it hasn't jump started anything but, I guess we'll keep trying

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page